Wednesday 4 February 2015

Trio of Banksy tags

Hello fellow Stampers,

For my DT post at VivaLasVegaStamps! I have three tags to share with you. I love the VLVS! Banksy stamps and couldn't resist playing with them again. I have also used quite a few other rubber stamps, all VivaLasVegaStamps! You will find a complete list at the bottom of this post.



This is the finished result


Paint tags with gesso. Also gesso a piece of card stock for sentiments if wanted/needed)


When the gesso has dried, stamp the images with Archival ink and heat emboss. I used black embossing powder to get a real black image. 


Randomly glue (I used gel medium)  book text around the images and put a thin coat of gesso over it. Make sure you can still see the text. 


Use a stencil, model paste and a paletknife of old credit card and add more texture to your tag. 



After this has dried (you can use a heat tool) the fun can start. Use different spray inks to colour the tags. I didn't spray; I used a brush as, although the images repel the ink, when drying the ink with a heat tool you might melt some of the liquid into the embossed images leaving light spots. If this happens you can always touch it up with a black marker. 



The last thing you do is stamp the background, use a fine tipped marker to doodle here and there, splatter some white ink (avoiding the images),  adhere your sentiments (if using) and add some ribbon. I also used some plaster bandage for added interest. 

I used the following stamps : 


Thank you so much for stopping by !

I hope you like my tags and have inspired you to pick up some rubber stamps ! 

2 comments:

  1. Wat een leuke achtergronden op deze tags...de stempels komen er prachtig op uit Corrie!
    groetjes Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dankje voor de omschrijving. Deze tags zijn erg leuk geworden zo. Vooral dat meisje op de schommel met bijpassende achtergrond.....applaus.

    gr.Yvonne

    ReplyDelete