Friday 6 February 2015

Discover

Hello fellow Crafters,

My good friend and former Stampotique teamie Kay Wallace is hosting this weeks challenge over at the Tag Along Blog. She wants us to use to rethink gesso. I made this:



I have really struggled with this photo as it is not as garish in real life.  I just can't seem to get it right. Anyway, I put gesso on the tag through a stencil. I used a Prima Finnabair stencil called 'netting' for this. When the gesso had dried I sprayed Lindys Stamp Gang sprays on it. I love these. I used the two Flat Fabios, which basically means there is no sparkle in them. The colours I used were: Tilt-a-wheel teal and Merry-go-round green. 
I dried those with the heat tool and after they dried I lightly stamped the background with a script stamp and inked the edges the tag with a blue Archival Ink. The little bird, from the Tim Holtz Bird Crazy set, was stamped on white card stock and coloured with Copic Markers, cut out and adhered to the tag. I had a bit of plaster bandage lying around which was sprayed with the same colours and I used this as a base for my sentiment which came from a PaperArtsy Set ESN04. A piece of blue ribbon finished it off. 

Thanks for stopping by ! 

Hope you like it...







7 comments:

  1. Leuk resultaat met de gesso, kleuren, verbandgaas (?) en de te gekke vogel, Corrie!
    Fijn weekend, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this challenge is all about gesso, Corrie (and you did a magnificent job pushing it through your stencil), but I am so taken with your use of leftover bandage that I can't take my eyes off of it! I don't find this garish at all--bright, cheery and bold, I say! Thanks for playing at the Tag Along Blog Challenge this week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mooie tag Corrie. De kleuren zijn ook zo mooi.!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colouring on the crazy bird - and the background is really glorious!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tag tee-hee!!! I hope I can join in Kay's challenge maybe... :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love your tag, the gesso has worked well, and I love the colours. The bird is fabulous, I am now going to have to buy that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete