Tuesday 10 February 2015

Be an adventurer

Hello fellow Crafters,


I have made a postcard as an inspiration piece for the February Challenge over at the VivaLasVegaStamps! blog. Maybe you would like to play along with us. Great grabbags of rubber to be won ! 


I coloured the card with Distress Inks and a blending tool. I used post-it tape to mask off the lines. I then took it to the sewing machine and zig zagged over the areas where the colours meet. Next I distressed the edges of the card with my scissors and went around with a black Archival ink pad. I made a tear in the yellow bit. 
I then stamped it randomly using black Archival and Versamark. (A list of all the stamps I used will be at the bottom of this post).  I white embossed some of the stamped images because I thought it needed lightening. 
I stamped the diver next and then the sentiment. The diver was lightly coloured with Copic Markers and cut out, the sentiment stamped with Versamark and white embossed on black card stock. I matted the sentiment on white card stock and attached it to the card with staples. The diver was glued abover the sentiment. 
The last things I did were splattering white ink and matting the whole card on black card stock. 

I used the following element of the inspiration board (see below): 
Rainbow, distressed, torn, stitches, staples.

I used the following stamps (all VLVS!)


Here is the inspiration board for February's challenge:



And these are the words to go with this board : rainbowsROYGBIV, diecuts, distressed, rip, torn, mended, stitches, staples, repairs, circleswatercolor, color guide, color wheel, fine arts, painterly, hues and more.
Thank you for stopping by !

Hope you like it and I gave you some inspiration....

13 comments:

  1. I think this is one of my fave things you have made corrie. The colors really appeal to me, I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bold colours you have gone with on this postcard and the stitching looks really defines them. With all the colour, the white stamps really stand out very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bold colours on this, great postcard infact stunning!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat een leuk resultaat met de kleurrijke delen die je met een zigzag steek aan elkaar hebt gemaakt Corrie...erg leuke kaart!
    Fijne dag verder, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superleuke kaart Corrie, echt een kleurrijk geheel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You took this inspiration so very literally, and you have a colorful masterpiece, Corrie! I am lovin' these stamps from VLVS! You are on a creative roll here, my friend, and I am lovin' watching you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely adore this postcard!! Everything works together perfectly Corrie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous postcard!!!! :D Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, die spat lekker zonnig van m'n scherm! Lekker stoer ook! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. great stitching--love how you used the inspiration board!

    ReplyDelete