Thursday 19 February 2015

True North

Hello fellow Crafters,

Today I have altered a box for the PaperArtsy Challenge 2015 topic 3 : paint. I love paint, any paint but the Fresco Paints by PaperArtsy are definitely very lush !






I painted the box with white gesso and then the lid with Little Black Dress and the bottom with Stone Fresco paints. I brushed the lid with Crackle glaze and then added stone over the top. I love to watch it crackle. Next I stamped all the images ( a Lynne Perella set from PaperArtsy) on tissue paper and glued them on the box with gel medium. I also put gel medium over the top. When this had all dried I used Big Brush Pitt Markers to colour everything and to shade. Next I die cut some flowers and brushed them too with gel medium and used the same Big Brush Markers to colour them too. They were adhered to the box with gel medium as was the metal embellishment in the middle.
That was it; thank you so much for stopping by today !

Hope you like it...

14 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Corrie! Gorgeous finish on your little box and love the LP images.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat een leuk resultaat Corrie...een heel werk, maar dan staat er ook wat moois!
    Groetjes, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corrie, I love this so much. The colours you used are amazing and you created a lovely aged effect. I like the repeat stamping of the shell motif and also the embellishment of that stunning flower.
    All very special.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just amazing, do you ever sleep? Lol. Love this....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely! I love what you did with the Lynne Perrella images and your choice of colours is fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great piece! I am very partial to any crackling, so of course I love this. But in addition, I love your colors and all of the stamping - the shell and feather motifs are perfect for that base. And love that top image! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those rosy cheeks, Corrie! who knew they were attached to this awesome box!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, deze is echt gaaf! Mooie randen en zo'n mooie deksel! Prachtig geworden! Fijn weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful box Corrie!!! Good luck for the challenge, I will not have time to join in I think.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful box and lovely colors used!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really lovely, and your choice of colours is perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is another beauty - I love the stamps you've used, great weathered crackle texture, and the altered box looks beautiful.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow wow wow really loving the altered box, totally gorgeous and unique. Happy Art :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a cool box! The colours textures are great and the LP stamp is fab on the top too!

    ReplyDelete