Sunday 1 February 2015

Dare to be different.

Hello fellow Crafters,

Can you believe it is the 1st of February already !  For my DT post over at Roc's Facebook page I made another postcard. I am addicted to making postcards I think. They are so much fun...

I can't get enough of this horse... although today he seems to be a zebra !



I started with a postcard that had the pink colour and doily on it already. It has been in my stash for quite a while now. I think it was sprayed with a Tattered Angels glimmer spray and then I had some model paste left over from another project and put that on through a doily stencil. While that was still wet I sprinkled glittering embossing powder over it and heat embossed it. It is so pretty; shame the sparkle gets lost in the photo ! 




You can see it a bit better here....

To start with I glued some pattern paper (Bo Bunny - C'est la vie) along the top left corner and some at the bottom. This was to put the horse /zebra on later. I then took it to my sewing machine and stitched around the card. 
Next I stamped 'Horse', minus his hat, on white card stock and coloured him, first with different greys to get the shady parts and pink for his nose and ears; then I took a black fine tipped pen and turned him into a zebra.... For the three flowers I used 'Daisy Head' which I stamped on patterned paper from the same paper pad and cut out.
I typed the sentiment on white card stock; I used my old typewriter for this. I then adhered all the elements on the postcard.

I used the following stamps, all by Roc Nicholas, sold through www.Stampotique.com.


Thank you so much for stopping by, I really appreciate your visits and comments ! 

Hope you like it...




3 comments:

  1. Brilliant! He makes a fab zebra, love this postcard
    Live
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. een prachtige postcard,bedankt voor de beschrijving.Altijd fijn als je achtergronden hebt liggen die je voor een ander project kan gebruiken.

    ReplyDelete