Hello fellow Crafters,
Today I thought I'd try and make some ATC's. My altered book
is almost finished and I wanted some ATC's to put in it. After all, I made it for ATC and tags. So here goes:
This first one was started with glueing telephone book paper on it and then painting it with gold acrylic paint. I then stamped the numbers on it with Versamark and embossed it with clear embossingpowder. After that I painted the blue over everything and when this had dried I put some paper over it and ironed it so the embossingpowder melted again and took the blue paint off also. I like this effect where you can see both layers underneath. The picture I used came from a self adhesive collage sheet. Didn't stick very well though, I had to put some glue underneath as well. I made the little sentiment with my Dymo labeler and stuck it on over another bit of the collage sheet and put the staples throught for a bit more interest.
For the second one I put modelling past through a letter stencil (Dylusions) and when this had dried I put a mixture of acrylic paint and some pink Dylusions on. I distressed the whole thing with black ink and glued the (stamped) bee and the photo of the witchy-looking lady on. Again the sentiment was made with my Dymo labeler. Lastly I doodled around some of the letters with a white gel pen and around the sentiment and the photo with a black gel pen. As an afterthought I put on the three rhinestones in the top right corner.
This third one was done with Distress Inks in yellow, orange and brown with a blending tool. I stamped a background stamp over it in brown to create a bit more interesting background. The butterfly is Tim Holtz and I stamped it on acetate and glued it on the ATC. Again the sentiment is made with the Dymo. The happy couple came from a photo with lots of people on; I decided just to use these two .
This 4th and last one was painted with acrylic paints in pink and turqoise. I then glued some tissue paper over that and with a blending tool put some Distress Ink over it to enhance the colours a bit. After that I rubbed the whole thing with some black ink to accentuate the wrinkles and the edges. I then put on the washi tape, cut out one extra butterfly form the same tape, stamped the image on gessoed booktext and glued it on. Lastly I attached the flowers.
Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you like them......