Sunday 1 February 2015

Super Chickie

Hello fellow Crafters,

Some of you might have seen my new Tim Holtz Bird Crazy stamps on Facebook yesterday. Of course I had to play with them. So I made a mini art journal with a gelli print as a base.


As I said, I used a piece of a gelli print for this page and a whole load of stamps from different brands. There is Tim Holtz, VivaLasVegaStamps! and Paper Smooches. 
I cut the gelli print piece to size and adhered a little scalloped strip of pattern paper along the top. I then stamped the background with different stamps. When that was done I adhered two strips of washi tape for a bit more interest. 
Next I stamped this little birdie on white card stock. He looks like he is going to cry, doesn't he? That's why I couldn't resist him. 
I coloured him with Copic Markers and cut him out. I also stamped him directly on my page as it is almost impossible to cut out the legs and the little curls on his head. I adhered the cut out one on top of the stamped one. Lastly I made this sentiment up from a set with sentiments from Paper Smooches. 

Thanks for stopping by ! 

Hope you like it....

11 comments:

  1. Brilliant Corrie, aren't they fab?
    Love
    Amanda X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he is crying from happiness to be showcased so beautifully :) Great project Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een leuk chickie!!! Heel mooi geheel met die leuke details Corrie.
    Groetjes, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cheery chickie journal cover, Corrie! You couldn't have picked a better color! ;-) I can't wait to see what's coming inside the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got my bird set Friday and haven't had a chance to play but he is surely adorable! Loooooove the yellow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This stamp set was my favorite release! Just love the birdies!! Yours is amazing, Corrie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful and fun! Mine arrived today, I do love these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your coloring is gorgeous on this! Love this image, he's too stinking cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kan me voorstellen dat deze vogel bij jou in de smaak viel en met die tekst is het een hilarische en mooie page geworden! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute birdie!!! Love your cheerful tag Corrie! Have a good day, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete