Wednesday 18 February 2015

Dream Big

Hello fellow Crafters,

For my DT post over at VivaLasVegaStamps! I have made a card this time and I had so much fun making this. I hope you get inspired and dust of your rubber stamps and get creating !




Here's how I made this card :


Start with a piece of Gelli Print or some patterned paper cut into a panel that can go on the front of your card. I used a piece of Gelli Print.


Use a die or punch to cut some scalloped strips of pattern paper (I used Authentique - Be(you)tiful), ink the edges and adhere to your base panel. Ink the edges of the card panel.


Stamp the background with grey, black and orange Archival Inks and add some washi tape at three edges. (A list of stamps I used is at the bottom of this post).




Stamp the main image twice; once on your card panel and once on white card stock. I used Archival Jet Black to stamp on the panel and Memento to stamp on the white card stock as I was going to used Copic Markers to colour the image. 
I stamped the image on the panel because it is very difficult to cut out small details like the antennae on their heads. By doing it this way you can just cut them off when cutting out the main image. 
I used a silver gel pen to colour the antennae on the card panel. 



Once the image is coloured and cut out you can just adhere it on top of the one on your card base. I also stamped a sentiment on the same pattern paper as I used at the edges of the card. I inked the edges of this piece and then adhered it together with the main image on the card panel. Lastly I added some shadows around the image and sentiment with a Big Brush Marker.

Next I put some washi tape on the left side of my card base.



And here is the finished result, all put together. 

I used the following stamps :



Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 

Hope you like it...




2 comments:

  1. Heerlijk al die zonnige kleuren! En een leuke tekst bij die stempel... Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete