Monday 23 February 2015

Practising..

Hello fellow Crafters,

Today I though it was time to get my new Faber Castell Polychromos pencils out again and start practising using them. I got them from Father Christmas and he would be so disappointed if I didn't use them.  So I got out my favourite bird stamps and started colouring and it was a lot more difficult than colouring with Copics.
When I finished I cut all 6 birds out and used three of them in this art journal:


I painted the pages with gesso first and then used PaperArtsy Fresco paint in yellow and orange. I also did some stencilling with Distress Ink and gesso and did some background stamping. The birds were then adhered on the page after I put down some washi tape to ground them. The sentiment was handwritten and filled in with a paint pen. That was it... Maybe I will do another page with the remaining three birds. 

Thanks for stopping by ! 



11 comments:

  1. Lovely journal page Corrie, your colouring on the birds is gorgeous. Great design. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coloring on birds, they are looking more interesting on your journal pages, Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoi Corrie,
    ik kwam al hoppend op je blog terecht ! Wat een superleuke pagina heb je gemaakt ! Ik kleur zelf ook graag met Faber Castell en ook met Copics (ik ben een beetje vanalles wat, kan niet kiezen tussen alle moois :) )
    Deze vogels zijn echt heel leuk, supermooie stempels ! Je hebt me instant inspiratie gegeven voor een aantal onverwerkte achtergronden die ik hier nog heb liggen !
    Ik kom zeker nog bij je langs, ben meteen ook volger geworden :)
    Groetjes en tot blogs !
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super leuke pagina's, zóóó leuk die vogeltjes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic pages Corrie, really love these birds that are so cute in your hands haha!!!! Great colouring congrats since as you said, it's much more easy to get bright colours using Copics... Well done and gorgeous! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore these bird stamps and your birds are colored beautifully, Corrie! Great vibrant colors here. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pages. You make everything look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gave tekst en ik blijf die blauwe vogels leuk vinden! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heerlijke tekst, vogeltjes, achtergrond Corrie...Die vogeltjes zijn echt super...
    Fijne dag verder, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO amazing, I'm totally expressed! I love the birds too and specially the handwritten sentiment is gorgeous.
    Big hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  11. The process described seems rather simple, Corrie, but the outcome is far from simple! Lots of interest in your background, and your coloring/shading skills are exemplary, my friend! Love your birdies!

    ReplyDelete