Wednesday 8 June 2016

Family photo

Hello everyone,

and happy Wednesday once again. Today's Stampotique Designers' Challenge hostess is the lovely Nellie and she chose "All creatures great and small" as her theme. This is what she said about her challenge:

'Wild and woolly or friendly and domesticated, we love them all....make sure to include an animal or two in your creation this week.'

I've included a few more !


I used a piece of Mixed Media paper for this art journal that measures 21 x 14,5 cm or 8 1/4 x 5 3/4 inches approx. I used a brayer and some Distress Inks to put some colour on it. I used Broken China and Mermaid lagoon for the blues and Twisted Citron and Peeled Paint for the greens. 
The swirls were created with a Tim Holtz stencil and some more of the Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink; I used a blending tool for this. 
I also stamped the background randomly using the same inks and some black Memento. 
The crows were stamped directly on the background; I just used a bit of the stamp on either side of the page and connected the black line with a pen. 
Next I stamped all the animals, coloured them with Copic Markers and cut them out. I went around all the cut edges with a black marker to make it look like I cut them all out perfectly. 
After I decided where I wanted them I took my page to the sewing machine and added some stitching to stand them all on. I then adhered all the animals and added some shading under them with my Copics. The last thing I did was add some chit chat stickers by Tim Holtz and doodle around them.

I used the following stamps:

We would love it if you played along with this challenge. You have all month to enter and to make a change to win $30 worth of stamps. Just remember NO digi's and only one entry per person per challenge. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 

11 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Corrie. So vibrant and such fun - a great start to my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zag hem al eerder op het Stampotique-blog en moest zo lachen om de titel! Gaaf idee en een hele mooie uitwerking van de uitdaging! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fabulous! Love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat 'n bont gezelschap.Ik mis er eigenlijk nog eentje.
    Of is 't zwarte schaap net uit beeld gewandeld?

    gr.Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great family, love it
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is awesome Corrie - love that family! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a right array of animals you have there!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is brilliant, such a fun piece xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pure delight - love your mini zoo, Corrie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehehe I want to be in that gang, there's lots of fun!! xx

    ReplyDelete