Wednesday 1 June 2016

Star light, star bright !

Hello everyone,

and happy June.. Can't believe it is June already.
For this month's challenge over at Country View Challenges the lovely Evelyn chose the theme of 'Crackle" and I made a little wallhanging out of a paint stirring stick ! haha... so much fun !
Here's how:


First, here's a photo of the finished project. I quite like how it came out !


and here are the steps:



First I had hubby drill a hole in the top so I could hang it up. Also I covered it in Gesso. One layer is enough. 



I used my PaperArtsy paints and also their crackle glaze... So brown first, then crackle glaze, dry and then the Stone colour. 


Here is the stick covered in the brown paint, not very pretty is it ? 





Actually I panicked after applying the paints and crackle glaze as there was hardly any crackle... Maybe my glaze is too old.. Anyway I rubbed some of the light paint away with a baby wipe and some elbow grease... and had a think of how I could get the result I wanted. 
I then remembered I had a pot of Distress Crackle by Ranger (Tim Holtz). So I just painted that all over the stick and what I didn't expect to happen, happened... Some great big crackles developed ! Yay .... very happy with the result. 



Next I used a brayer and Dylusions paints to create some colour to stamp on.


I used this Dina Wakley stamp set. Had it for ages but not used it very much. A great excuse to get it out and use it ! 



Here's the stamping... I changed my mind in the mean time and stamped some more...



When I finished stamping I cut them all out with a little border. I also stamped the sentiment from the same set. 



I adhered the cut out shapes on top of some scrunched up twine onto the stick and I think it looks rather nice... 




Here are some close ups....





I like it !!! I Hope you do too and I've given you some inspiration to play along ! 
Make sure to read the rules first though ! 

Thank you so much for stopping by ! 





13 comments:

  1. A fabulous altered stick Corrie, your crackles worked beautifully and you crested what Andy Skinner calls mega crackle (one crackle medium on top of another). Love the beautiful stars and the twine adds that fabulous extra texture xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun hanging stick Corrie. The crackles came out great! The stars with twine are beautiful. Happy June xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely hanging with amazing crackles! The twines behind the stars look great! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project! So basic and simple, but it turns out stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project! So basic and simple, but it turns out stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who'd a thought a painting stick could be so cute! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A piece of Miniature crackle! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Corrie, great colours and choice of stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful work - you have been very busy! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. great idea, your wall hanging Corrie! Love the stars border and the altered stick with the crackles!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keileuk Corrie,
    Mooie kleuren leuk idee!
    Jij bent al klaar voor December LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. a fabulously inspired creation.... and of course.. wonderfully created xx

    ReplyDelete