Tuesday 21 June 2016

Live in the moment

Hello everyone,

Welcome to my blog and this post for Visible Image. I decided to do an art journal for this post and this is what it looks like :



These pages were started by painting 2 layers of Gesso. When this had dried I applied some model paste through a Tim Holtz stencil. Next I used 3 different colours of Lindy's Spray Inks, 2 blue and 1 green) and sprayed them mainly over the model paste.  I let it drip towards the spine of the book. I also added some drips over the whiter part of the pages for some more interest. 

Next I stamped one of the 'Scratch the surface' stamps 3 times right over the model paste on each side. I used VersaMark for this and then used a white WOW embossing powder and melted it with the heat gun. These were the 'platforms' for the dragonflies to sit on.

Around the areas of colour I stamped one of the stamps from the 'orbital' set with dark blue Archival Ink. The dragon flies were stamped on white card stock with StaZon ink and then painted with Silks. These are very translucent so you'll still see the stamped lined. I added holographic embossing powder over the wings and clear powder over the bodies of the dragon flies and heat embossed. I think they look absolutely fabulous ! 
The were then cut out and glued down on their little platforms... the wings were left unglued. 




A detail of the dragon fly. Love all the sparkle ! 




And another detail photo

I used the following stamps :


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 

Social Media, Blog and monthly Challenge details :

Show & Tell Monthly Challenge details: http://visibleimage.co.uk/challenge 




11 comments:

  1. Zo cool Corrie ! Heel mooi die glittervleugels !
    Groetjes
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mooie pages! En mooie fijne glinstering op de libelle! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome - wonderful work xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, love the texture you've created 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic, love the texture you've created 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do look absolutely fabulous! Gorgeous pages again! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Corrie, the background is fabulous against the dragonfly . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous , love the sparkly dragonflies :D I have received the ATC's and the beautiful postcard, Thank you so much Corrie, they are simply fabulous!!! Hugs Gay x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased they arrived safely and that you like them ! Hugs to you too ! xx

      Delete
  9. Such a beautiful art! The dragonfly is amazing!

    ReplyDelete