Friday 10 June 2016

Using the gelli stamped papers

Hello everyone,

After my 'Gelli Stamping' experiments I ended up with a load of lovely papers and I decided to make some cards and things with them to give you an idea what you can do with them.



For this card I cut a panel out of one of the 'Gelli Stamped' sheets and added some stamping in the same sort of colours. I then stamped the bird and sentiment on top and heat embossed them. I drew a couple of lines around the edge and then adhered the panel onto a white card. 



This is an art journal page which was coloured with a brayer and some acrylic paint. The 'Gelli Stamping' was done through a Dylusions stencil to create these two ladies. I added some stamping again in the same sort of colours and added a sentiment. 



I made this postcard for a challenge I take part in which is making a postcard a day. This one used one of the 'Gelli Stamped' papers. I cut out a panel in the size I needed and did some background stamping. The butterflies were stamped on scraps of already coloured/painted papers and cut out. I adhered them to the card added a sentiment and some lines around the outside. 



This card was made, again by cutting a panel from one of the 'Gelli Stamped' sheets, adding some background stamping and a focal image and sentiment. I also repeated the dark red paint by rubbing some along the edges with my fingers. This panel only had the red at the bottom and I thought it needed balancing. The focal image and the sentiment were stamped on white card stock, coloured and adhered on to the card. 


This card was again made in the same way. I had the cat ready coloured as well (did it on vacation) so all I did was a tiny bit of background stamping, not too much as it is so busy already, stamp, colour, and cut out the balloon. I then adhered them to the card, added some 'ground' for the cat to sit on and added a sentiment and some drawn lines. The panel was then adhered to a white card. 



This card was even simpler. I just cut out the round 'Gelli stamped' image, glued it onto a white card base and added a sentiment and some circles and doodles. 



This card is one in my 'postcard a day' challenge. Here I used the paper that was used to roll off the brayer and wipe the stencils etc. Sometimes they are too nice to throw away.  I adde the paint swatch at the bottom (this was the challenge) and adhered one of the cars I coloured on vacation. I then added some stamping in the background and the sentiment. 



This trio of ATC's was made with the 'Gelli Stamped' sheet I did with Distress inks. For the background I only stamped the little plants along the bottom and then added the animals. Later I decided to stamp them again on white paper and glued these over the top so the eyes are white and I could add a little colour to the eyes and the donkey's ears. The balloons were also stamped on white paper, cut out and adhered. I drew the strings with a black pen. Lastly I added the sentiment (cut into three bits, one for each ATC).

I hope you enjoyed my series on Gelli Stamping... I certainly did ! 

Thank you for stopping by ! 

9 comments:

  1. Waaw Corrie ! Dit is een post vol inspiratie zeg ! Wat een mooie kaarten en leuke ATC's !
    Groetjes
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of those gelli prints
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, you have been busy! Fabulous work with those gelli prints! It's really made me want to pull out my gelli plate. Love all th additional stamping and stencilling, - makes for some superb projects! Thanks for the inspiration!e

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your artful cards are fun and beautiful! Would you be able to share which stamps you used ( name of stamp and brands) and what glue you used to stick things onto the cards, please.
    TIA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ethel, card no. 1, stamps by Lost Coast Designs; main image is called Feathery bird, background stamps are ATC stamps. Not sure about their proper name...
      no.2 artjournal, the ladies are a stencil by Dylusions, background stamps by Tim Holtz, Dina Wakley (Ranger) and PaperArtsy. No. 3 Butterflies are Prima marketing by Finnabair. Not sure about the name.
      No.4 card with the two boys, all stamps by VivaLasVegaStamps!. No.5. card with cat, Crazy Cats by Tim Holtz sold through Ranger. no.6. Lady is stencil by Dylusions (Ranger) sentiment Artistic Outpost, part of a bigger set. no. 7 cat is from Crazy Cats set by Tim Holtz / Ranger, sentiment by VivaLasVegaStamps. Last 3 ATC's; Stamps by Cats On Appletrees which is a German Brand. Hope this helps.

      Delete
    2. Sorry, forgot. I use different types of glue for different types of backgrounds. Acrylic Paint - Gel Medium or Glossy Accents by Ranger. Watercolour backgrounds - PVA something like tacky glue or Tombo Multi glue.

      Delete
  5. Terrific creations! Still loving those green silhouettes and the crazy bluesy cat is so cool. I always love that feathery crazy bird, and the Safety Glasses boys are hilarious! I think the bold beautiful bright butterflies might still be my favourite though.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, you certainly keep yourself busy with all these gelli backgrounds, Corrie! One of these days, I'll unearth the Gelli Plate I bought ages ago and have a play - hmmm .... I wonder where I put it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so wonderful Corrie.
    Hope you are having a great weekend.
    Hugs from Poppy and me xxx

    ReplyDelete