Tuesday 2 June 2020

Looking through..

 Hello everyone,

For today's AALL & Create GDT post I have made a round journal page. As soon as I saw this magnifying glass stamp I knew I had to cut out the 'lens' and replace it with acetate. And that is what I did. The rest of it sort of evolved when I was doing it..




So here is how I made it :


I started with stamping the magnifying glass onto a piece of watercolour paper and cutting out the lens part.


I thought is needed something on the other side so I stamped part of a flower from this set. Later I also added the little text stamp above and below the flower. 


I planned to use three eyes in my 'looking' glass but later decided to only use one and add something else from this set. 


 Next, colouring. I used a mix of Inktense pencils and watercolours. 


Because I had made a booboo (stain from the watercolours)  on the right which I couldn't get rid off, I added some modelling paste through this stencil. That hid it ! 


Next I glued some acetate behind the hole and coloured the eye and lightbulb. I planned to back it with paper but then decided to add another layer of acetate and place eye and bulbs between the two layers. I did stamp the complete stamps onto the acetate with StaZon ink before gluing the coloured images over the top. Last thing was adding this sentiment which is part of another stamp.


And that was that ! Done !




I have used the following stamps : 

#323 - Navigate Home by Bipasha Bk
#319 - Magnify it by Bipasha Bk
#324 - Blooming Beauty by Bipasha Bk
#23 - By Bipasha Bk

Stencil:
 #93 - Enchanted Garden by Olga Heldwein

For more information about all the fabulous AALL & Create products, please visit:


Thank you for stopping by today ! 


1 comment:

  1. What a fascinating process, Corrie and fabulous results...that is just a mesmerizing page!

    ReplyDelete