Tuesday 23 June 2020

Good things take time

Hello everyone,

and welcome to my blog where today I am sharing another project I made for AALL & Create. I have created a round artjournal page.


Here's how I made it:


First I had to use my Speckled Egg Distress Oxide Ink again. I smooshed the ink on my craft sheet, spritzed with water and dunked the paper in it. I repeated this until I was happy, drying in between layers. I then used a Graphite Modelling paste that I have had in my stash for ages with this circle stencil. There are some really small glittery bits in the paste, which were impossible to photograph. 


Next I stamped the background with the same Speckled Egg ink.


Adding some more stamping with black ink this time along the edges. I also rubbed some black acrylic paint along the edge where the stamping is. 


I then stamped the clock onto some pattern paper because I was going to leave it uncoloured. I didn't like that though, so added some Distress Ink in Vintage Photo with a water brush. 


Before I glued the clock onto my background I stamped part of the image on the circle too. I just then realised that I should have stamped it before adding the modelling paste.. but I managed to get some of the detail of the stamp on the page. 
I wasn't happy with it though and sat ages looking at it to decide what to do...


I stamped one of the flowers of set #324 twice to try and use as them as collage pieces. I wasn't sure if it was going to work so I didn't want to stamp directly onto my page. After stamping, I cut the flowers out. 


I think it works really well. I used parts of the flower on the right hand side by cutting the flowers apart. I used almost the whole image on the left hand side and tucked the sentiment underneath. 

I have used the following stamps :

#338 - Background Noise by Janet Klein
#336 - Bold Alphas by Bipasha BK
#324 - Blooming Beauty by Bipasha BK
#325 - Time Up by Bipasha BK

Stencil:
#61 - Circle chain by Aida Domisiewicz

For more information about all the AALL & Create products and a list of worldwide stockists, please visit:


Thank you for stopping by today ! 

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely page, Corrie, and it's always refreshing to see your round pages. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete