Wednesday 8 April 2015

Sing me a song

Hello everyone,

It's Wednesday again and time for another Challenge over at the Stampotique Blog. This week Coby is our host and she wants us to use some stitching on our projects. This is what she said :

"I love stitches in my creations, some times stamped, sometimes made by hand and sometimes with the sewing machine. I challenge you to use stitches in your creations...."

I've made a postcard:


I started with a piece of gelli print. I glued some pattern paper to it and then took it to my sewing machine and added stitching. Next I stamped the background and also used a stencil (punchinella) and some pink Distress ink for the polkadots. 
I then stamped "Smile", the hat, the birds and the trees with Memento Tuxedo black ink on white card stock and coloured everything with Copic Markers. Next I cut everything out, went around the edges with  a black Copic Marker and adhered it all to the postcard. 
That was it ! 

Why not play along with us.  The challenges are now open for the whole month. Two winners will be randomly chosen at the end of the month from all the challenge participants to win a $30 gift certificate for Stampotique stamps. Just remember NO digi's and only one entry per challenge. 

I used the following stamps:
Vintage bill
Birch Tree
Sing (for the birds and the sentiment)
Smile
Hat cube 

Thank you so much for stopping by ! 



15 comments:

  1. Wat een mooie uitwerking Corrie, de zigzag steek is geweldig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zulke zachte tinten doen me echt aan voorjaar denken! Mooie bomen en prachtig gestikt! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laat de lente maar komen!
    Ook deze keer (zoals we van je gewend zijn) weer mooie achtergronden en leuke stempels!

    Groetjes Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Supertoffe postkaart ! Leuk gedaan met alle stiksels !
    Groetjes
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have created such a sweet scene. Too precious! Birds in birches are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your postcard is precious, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wat een heerlijke kaart Corrie...leuk die achtergrond met het stikwerk en de stempels zorgen samen met de tekst voor een leuk tafereel!
    Groetjes, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Corrie, it all works together perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super leuk en wat een gave kleurtjes Corrie!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an absolutely great challenge this week, Corrie, and you have come up with a stunner! I keep looking at that hat you made for Smile! Just love it! Great patchwork/gelli background you have created, too! Love to see you making postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you stitched the extra paper onto the card, it's so cool and perfect for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just brilliant Corrie, I love the little birds in the trees xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo I love this so much!! It's so very sweet xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love him with his hat on and the little birds too ;) It really makes a difference edging with the black pen.
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete