Wednesday 1 April 2015

Capture the magic

Hello everyone,

Today it is my turn to show you another project for Roc. I had so much fun making this and I hope you like it. I keep seeing ATB's all over the internet. They are Artist Trading Blocks and I decided to try and make one too. And here it is :




Here is a close up of the Love birds eh... dogs:


This ATB was made from some cardboard I had lying around. I put masking tape all over it to create a bit of a pattern and then added some model paste through a stencil. 
Next I coloured the whole thing with a Lindys Stampgang Flat Fabio. The colour is 'Pop Rock Purple'. A Flat Fabio is just an inkspray with no glitter in it. I the used a blending tool and Archival ink and accentuated the corners of the box and also the model paste. I also dripped some white Lindys on all the sides to create more interest, this one is called 'Frozen Jack Frost' and does have some glitter in it. 
Next I glued on the 4 beads for the feet and the three on the top for the wire. I used gel medium for this. The wire was rolled around a knitting needle and then pulled out a bit. 

It was then time to stamp. I used :

All of these stamps were stamped in white card (the dog was stamped once as he is and once reversed using a solid piece of rubber. You stamp on the rubber and then stamp the rubber on the paper) apart from the stacked love. I stamped that on tissue paper. Everything was coloured with a mixture of Copic Markers and pencils and glued on. Lastly I adhered the moustache on the one dog for a bit of fun... 

Here are some more pictures:


The stacked boxes stamp is on both sides. 




The back of the block.

If you would like any of Roc's Stamps you can find them HERE.

Thanks for stopping by ! 







15 comments:

  1. Love this, purple, dogs, love and a smile. That's what makes my world go round, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's lovely Corrie ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, Corrie! Love the hearts on the wires!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just love everything about this corrie! it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I love this, it's fantastic! Love the floating hearts! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat een leuke, heerlijk kleuren heb je voor deze creatie gebruikt Corrie...En de vliegende hartjes op ijzerdraad zijn echte, speelse eyecatchers!
    Groetjes, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wat een prachtig project Corrie, zóóó leuk die pootjes en 'voelsprieten' :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable project Corrie!!! Well done! Bises

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! It looks so funny and the little dogs are so crazy it makes truly a good mood.
    Big hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable pair they are Corrie, great project :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't yet played with an ATB, but you have certainly piqued my interest with this great box! Also love the tip on stamping the reverse image! Love your pups!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ik vind 'm superleuk, Corrie!
    Alleen al die kleuren:0), Top!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, look at the doggy's loving each other, too sweet Corrie :) love it xx

    ReplyDelete