Friday 10 April 2015

Nevermore

Hello everyone,

This is my second post for today and it is my entry for the challenge over at Quoth the Raven.
The theme is Tic Tac Poe ! I chose the following three elements:

Stitching - Poe - Raven 

And this is my project, it is a mini art journal:



I started with a stencil and Modelpaste. I then coated the pages with gesso. When this had dried I used one of my Lindys Stampgang Flat Fabios in a nice purple colour. I kept on spraying and dripping until I was happy with the result. I then used my fingers and a distress ink pad to accentuate the circles somewhat. I did some background stamping and splattering and then stamped Poe on some patterned paper, glued it onto a piece of black card stock and took it to the sewing machine for some stitching.. I also stamped the pen on the same paper and cut it out. The sentiment was stamped straight onto the page. After doodling a line around both pages I declared it finished ! 

Thanks for stopping by ! 



9 comments:

  1. Brilliant - love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat komt dat "blaadje" in zwart-wit mooi uit op de ondergrond! En mooie textuur weer! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb - very striking background and great colour. I bet your fingers look a treat now ??!!!! :-D
    Thank you for coming over to play at QUOTH THE RAVEN :-D

    IKE xx

    p.s. we got Things With Wings going on over at IkesWorld Challenges too :-D :-D

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see you over at the Quote the Raven challenge blog again, Corrie. This is a marvelous submission with so much more detail than just the three required elements! I love how you added detail to Poe's picture, especially! Also, great use of one of his quotes in your background. Great background and color palette just add the frosting to this awesome "cake!" Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful journal page! It has depth, color, and of course Poe! Thanks for playing with us this month at Quoth the Raven! ~Nanette, DT~

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a truly awesome creation! Great image of Poe, and the textured background is yummy! :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this!! I so want to run my fingers over that page :) Thank you for playing along with us at Quoth the Raven this month x

    ReplyDelete