Wednesday 1 April 2015

Happy Birthday card

Hello fellow Crafters, 

and happy Wednesday to you. Today at the Stampotique Designers Challenge blog, the talented Arwen is our hostess and she wants us to make an unusual card. This is what she said :

"Anyone can do a square card. I like unusual creations and would like to see other card types this week. Enjoy the implementation and I'm curious about your art works".

My card is a Blocks Card and I found this HERE. It is a tutorial by Papercrafter45.


I made the card with one sheet of A4 card stock. I did translate the inches of the tutorial into centimeters because my Score buddy is in centimeters. 




I cut up a gelli print for the squares on the 'blocks'. I stamped them randomly and inked the edges before adhering them. 
Snowy was stamped on white card stock without the apple in her hand. I coloured here, cut her out and adhered her to to card. The balloons are 'Romeks' and they were also stamped on white card stock, coloured, cut out and adhered to metal wire which I glued to the card. Lastly the sentiment was added. 



The nice thing about this card is the fact that it folds totally flat. You can't see that very well here, but it does. It slips right into an envelope so you would be able to send it in the mail.

I used the following stamps:

Romek (just the balloons)


Join us weekly for our themed challenges. Please link directly to your creation, not to your blog. You must include the challenge # behind your name! You may use any stamps for our challenges, of course we always enjoy seeing your work with Stampotique stamps, but is no longer required. We are no longer accepting creations using digi stamps. The challenges are now open for the whole month. Two winners will be randomly chosen at the end of the month from all the challenge participants to win a $30 gift certificate for Stampotique stamps.

Thank you for stopping by today ! 

Hope I have given you some inspiration to play along this week ! 



6 comments:

  1. Wonderful idea Corrie! I love your project <3

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card , love that it folds flat for posting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG what a great card.I love how it looks 3d. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ziet er ingewikkeld uit... Maar wel lekker feestelijk en mooi! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the gelli print squares are awesome! Love the color palette you chose, too. Thanks so much for sharing … thanks, also, for the shout-out! :)

    ReplyDelete