Thursday 9 April 2015

Noted

Hello everyone,

I am very excited to tell you that I am part of the April #3UP on the PaperArtsyBlog. Thank you PaperArtsy for this opportunity !

I have made a little canvas for this occasion and have made a step by step tutorial for it as well. It is quite a long one so go and get yourself a cuppa and enjoy:


I started with a canvas board of 25 x 25 cm (10 x 10 inches) and painted it with white gesso.


I then glued some Tim Holtz tissue paper in three different places. 


The colour scheme I was asked to use was : Limelight, Mermaid, Candy FLoss, Gold, and a dash of yellow Submarine. As I don't own the Candy Floss I had to improvise and use another pink I did have. 


This was the result after painting... 



Next I did some background stamping with the same paints...


I also used some white paint to stamp the numbers. Make sure to wash your stamps immediately after using them with paint.

I then used some punchinella and Grunge Paste to create some texture. I sprinkled gold embossing powder over the paste while is was still wet and let it dry completely before putting the heat gun on it and melting the embossing powder.




This is what is looks like in all it's golden splendour !




Here's a close up ! 



Stamping on canvas is always difficult and sometime even impossible to get a perfect impression. That's why I stamped my image on tissue paper. I used Versafine and clear embossing powder to get a perfect impression.



Tear out or cut out and adhere to the canvas. You can use Gel medium for this or Mod Podge or something similar. 



The last things were to add some black paint with a credit card and a sentiment. I used a chipboard saying 'NOTED' as there seems to be a writing/postage theme going on. 

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial, I sure enjoyed making this canvas and writing it up. 

Here's a list of all the stamps I used (all PaperArtsy)


Thank you so much for stopping by today and thank you, PaperArtsy for this opportunity ! 



9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Paperartsy #3UP for April. I love this canvas great use of the colour selection and fabulous textures, the embossing powder looks fab! Great piece!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh BIG CONGRATS Corrie, your canvas looks fantastic!! Love the stamping and stenciling on it and brilliant colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and paper or to make a good team, Corrie! Love the bright Colors here. Great tip on perfect impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and paper or to make a good team, Corrie! Love the bright Colors here. Great tip on perfect impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great canvas! I hadn't thought of putting embossing powder on top of grunge paste.....can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoi Corrie,
    superleuk deze stap voor stap ! Tof om te zien hoe je je werkjes opbouwt ! Prachtig canvas !
    Groetjes
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous to have you playing along with the 3UPing, Corrie and what a gorgeous rainbow creation!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Corrie, I'm very happy to see you as a #3UP guest, you made a wonderful canvas with a great step-by-step!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete