Friday 24 June 2016

Paint your dream

Hello everyone,

Today I have a little canvas to share. It was such fun doing this as it was so different to anything else I usually do. I might have to do this sort of thing more often..


This canvas is 10" x 10" or 25 x 25 cm. I started by putting on the modelling paste through a stencil called 'Doily'. After it had dried I layered lots of paint on it using  Fluid Acrylics in the colours Cobalt Teal Hue & Primary Magenta both mixed with Titanium White. When this had dried I thought it looked way to fresh so I used Antiquing cremes (Raw Umber and little bit of Patina Green) to make it look a little bit old. 


After I was happy with that I added some more stencilling with the same colours of paint but undiluted. The stencil I used was "Old French Script" by Americana Decor. It is very subtle.  Also I used a rubber stamps by Paperartsy and some bronw ink to add  more script. That was the background finished..


The paintbrush was a really old one that was lying around in my craft room. The hairs were really hard so I decided to use that. I gessoed it first and then put a layer of crackle paint on it. Next I painted it with Fluid Acrylic paint in the colour Titan Buff and when that had dried I applied the same antiquing creme to make it look old. Next I tore some fabric from my stash and made a bow around the handle of the paintbrush with it. 
The sentiment was stamped with rubber stamps by Stampotique on a piece of paper painted with Titan Buff, antiqued with Raw Umber antiquing creme and stamped with the same script stamp as the canvas. I also went around the paper strips with the ink pad. 

Lastly I adhered everything to the canvas. 



Here is a close up of all the yummy texture from the modelling paste. 

I have used all DecoArt products for this canvas.  

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love this Corrie! The background colours are so beautiful and I love what you did with the doily stencil. The paint brush is just brilliant, - such a cool project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I love the paintbrush all crackled and what lovely colours, all muted and pastel. Love it Corrie :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovley, Corrie! I love the soft colors and the crackle along with the stenciling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ziet er super gaaf uit! Iets om op te hangen en telkens door geïnspireerd te worden! Fijn weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome work Corrie - beautiful colours and that paintbrush looks fabulous! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gorgeous Corrie!
    Wishing you a lovely weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant project Corrie, really gorgeous and very inspiring!!!
    Sorry, I missed time before to read your post as I wanted to, so didn't leave you any comment before for this reason :)
    I love the colours and the ribbon too, everything so nice.
    Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete