Friday 23 January 2015

Whassup?

Hello fellow Crafters,

Just a quick one today; I've had so much fun creating these art journal pages that I wanted to share them with you. I used all VivaLasVegaStamps! Most of these from the wonderful Background Plate, I also used the butterflies, the sentiment 'Whassup?' and of course TweedleDee and TweedleDum...



This page started out a total disaster as I sprayed it with Dylusions (Green/Lime and black),  hated it and put it aside. The model paste was also already on it. Today I thought I should try and salvage it..  So I painted clear gesso over it and of course it was an even bigger disaster ! lol So I got out the Acrylic paints and painted over it.. Much better. I did a lot of stamping and used an eraser on top of a pencil to stamp the white dots with gesso. TweedleDee and TweedleDum were stamped on a blank page out of a book and quickly coloured with pencils. I cut them out and adhered them on top of some washi tape. I also adhered some washi tape randomly around the pages. Lastly I stamped 'Whassup?', first with white ink and then in black overtop.

These stamps are available from www.vlvstamps.com or if you live in Holland at http://thestampingcottage.nl.

That was it ! 

Hope you like it.....

13 comments:

  1. Love these pages Corrie, great shade of green and fabulous touches of texture
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC pages Corrie, great salvage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it amusing that you "had such fun" with "an even bigger disaster," Corrie! But you ended up with a great journal spread! I have several VLVStamps, but you still tempted me to their site, where I became lost in the "Naughty" section! Made my day! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A FANTASTIC disaster, LOVE the result!!! and the twins are fab here!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  5. prachtige pagina, zo leuk die mannetjes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snel, dat lukt mijn nou nooit :) Prachtige pagina, mooie achtergrond!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh clear gesso, didn't even know you could get it - lol. Love how your page turned out, the green is lovely and obviously the white pen just makes everything pop, it's one of my favourite things to do xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Al met al een hele weg die je bewandelde voordat deze pages naar je zin was... Dat is er nu niet meer aan af te zien; leuke pages! De tekst en de twee T's zijn een gave combinatie Fijn weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heerlijke stempels...en je pagina's zijn lekker artistiek geworden Corrie...mooie tinten ook!
    Groetjes, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic pages - the black is so funky against the vivid greens, especially over the texture and I love Tweedledum and Tweedledee... brilliant stamp choice.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete