Wednesday 7 January 2015

I am perfect...

Hello fellow Crafters,

First of all I would like to wish you all a very happy, crafty and, most importantly, healthy new year !

Welcome to the first Challenge for 2015 ! It is Claudine's turn to host and her theme is "New Year's Resolutions". This is what she said:

"Most of us always create a new Years Resolution at the beginning of the new year. For 2015 try your hand at making something with your new years resolution in mind"


I have made a little Art Journal:


The pages were coloured with Brusho's. I thought it was too bright and painted some gesso over it. Much better.. I used Tim Holtz's Gothic stencil and white piment ink around the pages and didn't like the effect so I remembered buying some blue embossing powder from WOW and decided to pour that over it and heat emboss it. I really like the effect, especially because the bottom of the page has the same colour brusho. I used "French Journal Page" and "Bla bla bla" to stamp the background. I is very subtle. Next I stamped "Karin", coloured her and cut her out. I also stamped her on the page and then adhered the coloured one on top. I do not make New Years Resolutions, not because I am perfect like Karin but because I find that most of them only last 3 weeks.... 
I found this sentiment on the internet. I was in a speech bubble in a cartoon. I just printed it, cut it out and adhered it to the page. I think it is perfect for Karin ! 

Thanks for stopping by ! 

Hope you like it....

12 comments:

  1. Grote glimlach hier .... helemaal leuk deze AJ spread, de achtergrond, de tekst die zo goed past bij het meiske...mooi mooi Corrie.
    groetjes, Alie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page Corrie!!! This sentiment is awesome! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing Corrie, I love everything about it. I love your quote too, you really are perfect just the way you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this spread, Corrie! My kind of blue, too! And, yes, even your grammar, spelling and punctuation is perfect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh heerlijk die tekst! Enne op blauw...super! Ben zelf ook niet zo van die dingen perse op 1 jan.; heb al langer het voornemen veel spulletjes eindelijk (op) te gaan gebruiken, maar dat was van na de zomervakantie... Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Corrie, I love how bright it is! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Karin" is one of my favourites and the quote is perfect for her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Corrie, a wonderful background with the perfect sentiment lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonder pages Corrie and such a great sentiment :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I can SO see that you are! Love it, love it LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete