Thursday 15 January 2015

Ride the waves

Hello fellow Crafters,

Although I don't use an awful lot of Designer Paper I do regularly buy some. When I saw this paper pad named Destination Unknown) from 7 Dots Studio I knew I had to have it... and a set of stickers and some stencils.... lol
When it all arrived I was thrilled and only then did I discover that DeeDee Catron from VivaLasVegaStamps! has designed it ! So I decided to make a little postcard using her paper and some of the gorgeous VivaLasVegaStamps!


As said I used a piece of the Destination Unknown paper pad as a base. I did some background stamping making the waves with the smear/smudge stamps from the fabulous background set. I will list all stamps underneath with links to the VLVS! shop. 
I cut another piece of the DP and adhered one of the sticker sentiments to it. I then stamped the paperclip and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder. Of course it was almost invisible so after lots of messing about with markers etc. I managed to make it look like a rusty paperclip. 
The ladies are happily floating about; they were stamped with Memento tuxedo black ink and coloured with Copic Markers. I cut them out and adhered them onto the sea ! 
That was it ! 

I used the following stamps :

Thank you for stopping by ! 

Hope you like it....

4 comments:

  1. Wat een leuke stempel is dat toch van die dames...mooi geheel Corrie!
    groetjes, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Het ziet er prachtig uit! Grappig dat DeeDee de ontwerpster van 't papier is... Die dames laten me verlangen naar wat warmer weer...Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was 100% positive that I had posted a comment here, Corrie, but I keep checking and, well, if I did, it must be off in cyberspace somewhere. I really, really like this postcard. The paper is just yummy! I love the three friends just chillin' and enjoying female companionship! This will be a favorite of mine for the foreseeable future!

    ReplyDelete