Wednesday 28 January 2015

Our little comfort zone

Hello fellow Crafters,

and happy Wednesday to you. Today it is my turn to host the Challenge over at the Stampotique Designers' Challenge blog and I chose 'Painted background in any form' as my theme...
My first love in crafting is paint. So today I would like you all to use paint in your background. Doesn't matter what paint or how you apply it. Just have fun ! 

I made something completely different today :



I used a shop bought heart for this, I think is is MDF. I painted it with black gesso and when that had dried I applied a coat of crackle medium. I dried this with the heat gun and then put PaperArtsy Fresco paint over the top. The colour I used is 'Stone'. I love watching the crackles appear.. 

Over the top of the paint I used a Deco Art Antiquing creme in black and rubbed that down again with a baby wipe when it was dry. It gave me this 'dirty' worn look. Isn't it lovely. Next I used some bits of wood which I bought a few years ago. They have been made old and came in a big plastic bag. I chose a few bits and put them together with wire. I brushed this lightly with gesso. 
I adhered the little bundle to the heart with gel medium and let it dry overnight. 

Next I did some stamping on the background with the 'French Journal page' and brown ink; you can hardly see it. 'Comfort zone' is part of a Stampotique stamp and I stamped it directly onto the heart. I added 2 Tim Holtz Chit Chat stickers to it, to form the sentiment.

I then found a metal heart in my stash and put it on the wood with some more wire which I bent in little rings.. I did the same with a bit of wire for the top to act as a hook for the twine to hang it up with. Both were also dry brushed with gesso. 

The last thing was stamping the birds, colouring them and cutting them out. I used Copic Markers for colouring. I adhered the little birdies to the wood with tacky glue. 

I used the following Stampotique stamps :

I hope this gave you some inspiration to get your paints out ! 

Don't forget you can win a $30,-- voucher for Stampotique.com at the end of the month, just remember: only one entry per challenge and no digi's.


I will also enter this little project into the Craft Stamper's January "Take It Make It" Challenge "Take a Stamp"! Fingers crossed ! 


Thanks for stopping by ! 



27 comments:

  1. I love the neutral background of the heart and the bright colors of the birds. This would make a great decor piece in a hallway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great heart Corrie and fab crackle effect. C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great heart Corrie and fab crackle effect. C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. prachtig, de felle kleuren van die leuke vogels komen goed uit tegen die prachtige achtergrond!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geweldig Corrie, wat een enorm leuke hanger is dit geworden. Super de uiltjes op het echte hout...het mooie hart erachter...top!
    Groetjes, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fab ..... I love the crackle background and those birds are just too cute!! Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the crackle on this-adds so much character to the wall hanging and is a beautiful backdrop for those darling birdies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge, best wishes. Hugs ~ Renee xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the background of the heart, it looks like real wood. Very cool

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great challenge, Corrie, and a great "make" from you as inspiration! Love your heart and love that "stone" color, too. You babies look so beautiful and so at least in their wee comfort zone! Well done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome piece Corrie!!! Love the bright birds against the grey heart. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is too adoreable for words Corrie, so happy you joined us for Craft Stampers Take it Make it Challenge, Tracy xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. So adorable and I love the vibrant colours against the wood!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wat is dit leuk!Die "gecrackte" achtergrond past zo goed. Je uitdaging vond ik heerlijk! Was weer even geleden dat ik met de Gelliplate speelde en die gaf me net dat zetje om dat te gaan doen... Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you have used the twigs and put twine round them and attached them to the heart! Great crackle back ground and I just love those birds! Thanks for joining us at craft stamper magazine make it take it challenge

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great inspiration...thank you. Those birds are adorable, do you know if theyre available in UK xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracey, Stampotique stamps are available in the UK at :
      Art from the Heart in Harrogate (http://www.afth.co.uk/stampotique-314-c.asp) and the Stamp Attic (http://www.thestampattic.co.uk/stampotique_originals.htm) in Wantage.
      Both have an on-line shop. Hope this helps.
      Corrie x

      Delete
  17. This is beautiful Corrie. I love the twigs! Fab challenge thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love, love this, Corrie! The Stone crackle on the heart looks beautiful, and the birds pop fantastically against the background. Fabulous!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this piece. The birds are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just adorable Corrie, love it! Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have a flum, but really wanted to comment on this.. This is a masterpiece heart Corrie, how lovely!!! Fab layers of paints and crackle here, the colours of the birds are superb gainst the heart, love love it!!
    Sorry to not be able to join in your challenge. Have a good week-end, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Corrie, this is STUNNING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Corrie this is absolutely gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete