Monday 26 January 2015

Imperfection is beauty.

Hello fellow Crafters,

For the second challenge at the PaperArtsy Blog with the theme of 'Shiny stuff' I made an Art Journal spread.

I went for a grungy look. I started with putting Grunge Paste through a stencil and then painting over the whole thing. I used Fresco paints in the colours Sage, Concrete, Snowflake and Stone. 
I aged the whole thing by putting turquoise Antiqueing cream all over it and when this dried I went in with a baby wipe and removed most of it again. Next I used a Big Brush Marker to shade the chevrons so they stand out a bit more. 

For the 'shiny stuff' I used some glass glitter in between the chevrons. I also used glitter to bling up my embellishments. 



The butterfly is metal and was silver embossed and partly dipped in glitter.


The heart is a metal PaperArtsy heart which was also silver embossed and dipped in glitter; to make it even more shiny I put a layer of UTEE over the top. 

I put my finished embellishments aside and started stamping the background. I used all PaperArtsy stamps for this spread. I will list them at the bottom. 
Next I stamped the hearts, the sentiment and the photo of Marilyn. I thought this all went well together. 
I also used some Plaster bandage, which was coloured with Sage Fresco paint and some Patterned paper form 7 Dots Studio (Destination Unknown) which was also partly painted with the same paint. I used some metal staples to keep everything together before adhering it to my pages with double sided tape. I then took the Big Brush Marker again and shaded all around all the elements. 

I hope my spread is Shiny enough for this second topic ! 

I used the following stamps: 

Eclectica3 ESN11
Backgrounds - Plate 3
Man of Numbers 2 set - MON2

Thanks for stopping by ! 

Hope you like it and got inspired  ! 

14 comments:

  1. Exquisite page, Corrie, I love everything on this, image, colors, texture and glitter!! TFS the process

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Marilyn Journey, perfectly glitzy love the glass glitter just so perfect with her image

    Perfect poopoopidoo!

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pages and absolutely love that background colour - it rocks xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corrie, I think you have made sage my new favorite color! This is an absolutely fantastic journal spread, my friend, and I love it. Super beautiful image of Marilyn Monroe, and your quote is perfect here! Love the glamour and glitz of your spread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Marilyn and what fabulous pages to Honor her, brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Werkelijk schitterend, mooie combinatie van materialen. Chapo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prachtig deze kleuren voor de achtergrond; helemaal in sfeer met MM! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pages are stunning with the pops of gold and all of the lovely details.
    Not sure I have heard of "Antiquing Cream" ... Fabulous effect.
    Thank you for sharing what all went into this work of art!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful piece of journalling. I love how you used Sara's lovely stamps and married that Marilyn quote with a beautiful image of the star - inspired! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous page Corrie, the colours are unusual but perfect wow! Good luck for the challenge, I will not have time to play with you this time :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I so love what you have done with this image - its really stunning with a super choice of colour and stamps. Its a wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks flipping amazing! Generally, I am not a glitter girl, but I love how you have used it next to the chevrons, and on the heart. (i do love that chunky, flaky glittery stuff!) The colour scheme is perfect to show off all your silvery metallic embellishments! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete