Wednesday 21 January 2015

Some days...


Hello fellow Crafters, 

and happy Wednesday to you. The lovely Kathi is hosting this week's Challenge over at the Stampotique Designers' Challenge blog. She chose the theme 'funny and/or punny'. This is what she said :

e.e. cummings said, "The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." Puns and word play always make me smile. Really good puns make me laugh. Create a project that makes YOU smile, then share it with us! As always, have fun with this challenge!


I decided to make a postcard this week and I hope you all find it funny ! I you would like to have a chance at winning one of the $30 vouchers at the end of the week then why not play along with us. Just no Digi's and only one entry per person per challenge. 




I painted a piece of white card stock with pink and orange acrylic paint. When that had dried I used an almost dry baby wipe and rubbed gesso all over the card to give it that worn look. Next I took a black ink pad and dragged it around the edges.  I stamped the background with a variety of stamps and inks. (A list of all the stamps I used is at the bottom of this post). To make the background a bit more interesting still, I used some small bits of pattern paper which I adhered on top of some doily bits. The woman was stamped on white card stock and coloured with Copic Markers. I thought it would be funny to give her some undies, so I drew a pair of knickers and glued them on her bottom. The sentiment probably came from the internet; I have collected pages and pages of them.... I typed it on my old trusty typewriter and adhered it to the card. That was it I think... I hope you like it and it made you chuckle... 


I used the following stamps :



I will also enter this little project into the Craft Stamper's January "Take It Make It" Challenge "Take a Stamp"! Fingers crossed ! 

Thanks for stopping by ! 


17 comments:

  1. Leuk gevonden! Vind deze uitdaging wat lastiger, maar deze tekst is super ervoor! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Corrie, this is so true. Thanks for the giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha een geweldige humorvolle kaart Corrie.......dank je voor de grote glimlach!!
    Groetjes, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, ha geweldig, ik zit hier met een big smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really made me LOL! Love those undies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ain't that the truth! Really cute card. Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Hugs~ Renee xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Did you hear me snort?! I couldn't agree more, Corrie! Sweet panties! They would make a good pairing for "Underwear," now, wouldn't they? You win! Hands down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This made me smile :) Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ...... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHA! Fun and using wonderful warm colours to heat this lady LOL! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pants! I'm glad she doesn't have a wedgie!! Love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab panty postcard! Great fun Corrie :) certainly put a smile on my face :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your work.. Found some of your pieces last night and bookmarked your blog at that time. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that Corrie it's great fun. Thanks for joining in the Craft Stampers challenge, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that you gave her panties!! Really fun :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol..love it Corrie, thank you for joining in at the Take it, Make it Challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete