Wednesday 14 January 2015

Create your own sunshine

Hello fellow Crafters,

and happy Wednesday to you. Today the lovely Kaz is our hostess and she chose 'Colour Splash' as her theme. This is what she said :

'I'd like to see some bright colours to cheer us up in the dim days of January'


So this is what I did...




I used acrylic paints in yellow and orange and then added some pink here and there. Next I used a chevron stencil and pink Distress Ink. A polkadot stencil and white ink were next..
The background was then stamped with "fax to Wolfgang'; my favourite background stamp by Stampotique... I also drew some lines around the page with some doodles. 
I stamped the 'Scalloped lace border on some scraps of paper that had the same basic colours and used a white paint pen to add some details. I cut them out and adhered them randomly around the page. I decided to use 'Mary' today as she had been in the drawer for too long. I coloured her with Copics and cut her out. I adhered her on the left page on top of the border. The sentiment came from the internet and was hand written by me ! I hope you will have a go this week and have a chance of winning one of those $30 vouchers to spend in the Stampotique on-line shop. Just remember: NO digi's and only one entry per person per week ! 

I used the following Stampotique stamps :


Thanks for stopping by ! 

Hope you like it.....


13 comments:

  1. Super zonnig geworden! En misschien wel nodig ook vandaag ... maar dat betekend ook binnenblijven en dus een mogelijkheid om wat te stempelen misschien...Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mooie Art Journal Corrie, leuke doodles heb je gemaakt

    ReplyDelete
  3. En de zon laat je zeker schijnen met deze AJ pagina Corrie...weer een prachtig geheel!
    groetjes, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. een mooie fleurige pagina, leuk die doodles aan de zijkanten!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog on the Gelli fb page, and already I'm addicted. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Corrie, it's such a warm looking page, wish it was like that here!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page Corrie, isn't it one that you put as sample during your last workshop?....
    Love the bright colors and your stamping of the scalloped lace border here! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wat een supervrolijle pagina, Corrie.
    De zon schijnt gelijk binnen;0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, you are the Queen of color! Love this, but then I love everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These colours always remind me of pear drop sweets and i always salivate at the thought of having one, they are delicious but not good for dental health lol.

    Gorgeous pages, warm, fun and i think you have created your very own sunshine right here:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Corrie, it's a little ray of sunshine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet, an absolute delight :) xx

    ReplyDelete