Friday 16 January 2015

Fragile papers

Hello fellow Crafters,

I like a challenge and until now I haven't played the PaperArtsy one. This time it is all about fragile papers; so book paper, tissue paper etc. I like using stuff like that so I decided to give it a go !
Here's what I made :


I cut a heart out of card board and then glued tissue paper on it. I painted it with my fingers and Fresco Paints in different shades of turquoise. Next I stamped some text on it. I used a text stamp from the Hot Picks HP1302 set. I also adhered some tissue paper to some card stock and stamped the fish and the anchor on that. I coloured those and cut them out. 
Next I used another PA stamp and some white paint to stamps on the heart a bit more. The fish, the anchor underneath and the anchor on the heart came from the Hot Picks HP1201 set. 
Next I replaced the rope on the anchor image by some garden twine, which I also used to hang the whole thing up. It was then time to put the whole thing together ! 
A few metal trinkets and a sentiment sticker finished this wall hanging off.

Thanks for stopping by ! 

Hope you like it...

14 comments:

  1. Wow, Corrie, this is absolutely amazing! I love nautical pieces as I love spending time by the ocean, the Atlantic Ocean to be specific! Love using twine for rope! Nice details everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous hanger, Corrie. Fantastic made.

    Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic. I thought the anchor was metal! Love the fish. Just gorgeous. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful heart hanger Corrie!!! Good luck for the challenge, I've just linked up my entry too... Will look at some of the other entries by other friends during the week-end. Have a great and creative week-end! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I need to be a fly on the wall to watch you create all this FAB art! Beautiful piece. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat een mooi speels resultaat Corrie!
    Fijn weekend, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so neat! I am inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wat een leuk kleinnood is dit geworden!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Orange and blue are FANTASTIC together, but how cool is the anchor!! I LOVE it, thanks for joining in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mooi die vage achtergrond in contrast met de heldere kleuren van de vis! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely to have you playing along at PaperArtsy, Corrie - and this is a wonderful piece. I love the beautiful blue tissue in the background, and the white stamping is fabulous! Love that fish too...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete