Sunday 4 January 2015

I look at the man in the moon

Hello fellow Crafters,

I am taking part in an ATC swap this month and although I couldn't show them until now because I didn't want to spoil the surprise, I am going to share them now..
What is really funny is that they seem to fit into the latest VivaLasVegaStamps! Challenge ! Funny, because I created these in early December !




The cards were coloured with Distress Inks; 3 shades of blue and black. I did mask of the moon but later on decided to change the way I made the moon so that was a wasted effort ! lol
I then cut some pieces of patterned paper and used my sewing machine to attach them to the bottom of my cards. Next I stamped the faces on tissue paper and glued them to some creme coloured paper. I did this because this man was looking the wrong way so I had to reverse him. I then used a circle punch to punch out the moons and adhered them on the masked area on the cards. Next I stamped the man and had to use a black Copic Marker to make him blacker.. I also did some background stamping. Lastly I typed the sentiment on my old typewriter,  adhered it to the cards and doodled around the words. That was it...

I used only VivaLasVegaStamps! :



Thanks for stopping by !

Hope you like them...

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous work...love your workarounds too as you decided things weren't quite right

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set, love that male image xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This ATC collection has got me singing the REM song in my head (love that song).
    The colours have a gorgeous depth to them with the watermarks providing such a lovely effect.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mooie atc's die gewaardeerd zullen worden door de ontvangers, lijkt mij, Corrie!
    Groetjes, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love the businessman silhouette, Corrie. The possibilities for him seem endless. Great ATCs for your January swap, my friend...and, wait, hey! There is stitching!!! Love it! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Corrie, these are fabulous! Where are you swapping ATCs? I want to get in on some of that action. :) I noticed below that you have Tim tag for January up already. Overachiever! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie ! The swap is over at the Craftorij FB page. Not sure if they do international !
      Corrie x

      Delete
  7. Prachtige ATC's Corrie, mooi van opbouw en kleur!

    ReplyDelete