Saturday 19 November 2016

La dolce vita

Hello everyone, 

Over at Stampotique we recently started promoting word stamps/quote stamps and although I don't own very many, I have a few and the one I used here is one of them. 



The background of this journal page is a mop up gelli print. I added some white embossed stamping to lighten it up a little. The Flamingo is one of my more recently acquired stamps and I had to used it! The funny thing is that it is quite an old stamp and I never liked it until I saw it used. 
Anyway, I coloured the bird with watercolours and cut it out. As I thought it didn't stand out enough on this darkish background, I die cut a circle from pattern paper and went around the edges with a light blue marker. I adhered it behind the flamingo. I used the back side of the same paper to stamp the sentiment on; that way it is the same colour. I also went around the words with the same blue marker.  I then thought it needed something else so I stamped the crown and coloured it with Copic Markers, cut it out and adhered it on the head of the bird. 
 A black line around the page finished it off. 

I used the following stamps:
La Dolce Vita (the one I am showcasing here) 

Thank you so much for stopping by ! 



1 comment:

  1. Deze is mooi! Enne die tekst is ook een fraaie! Fijn weekend verder!

    ReplyDelete