Wednesday 9 November 2016

Live the life you imagined

Hello everyone,

There is a challenge blog called 'A Vintage Journey' and as some of you might know I really love vintage. So after looking for quite some time I finally decided to play along with November's challenge which is called "Cracking up !" And no, they are not all mad; it is about crackle... I happen to love crackle so I crackled my heart out on this project which is an art journal.


I used crackle paste and a stencil on the background and painted it this pastel blue when it was dry. The crackle was accentuated with antiquing cream and Distress Ink. I added some stamping and some splattering too. I added crackle paste to the little panel and treated it in mostly the same way. I added some torn ribbon, some book text and a die cut doily to make the panel a little more interesting. I also added a number plaque and the photo is one of a pack of Tim Holtz, I think they are called lost relatives or something. I coloured her a bit with pencils. 
Lastly I put everything together and added the sentiment. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous journal page, Corrie! I love your soft blue with the greyish tones! Nice crackles! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prachtig Corrie !
    Groetjes
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Corrie this is gorgeous with all the crackle and that beautiful image, you know how I love my vintage too so this really appeals to me. Thanks for highlighting and joining us at A Vintage Journey with your amazing page xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat een delicate achtergrond! Mooi zo in pastel vind ik vintage heel aantrekkelijk! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you've used the crackle here, Corrie...such a perfect touch to finish that vintage photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really stunning page, Corrie - love the tinting on the vintage photo, and the baroque crackle looks fabulous. Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete