Wednesday 2 November 2016

Starry night

Hello everyone,

It is week 2 of Stampotique's 'Outer Space' (#260) challenge; you still have time to play along. You could win a $30 voucher for the shop. Make sure to read the rules over at the SDC blog HERE though.

I while ago I became a member of the Dutch Artjournal Group on FB and the first thing I did with them was make a little journal. I used old book pages for the inside and today I tested it to see if the pages would stand up to my way of journaling... and they did ! Yay !


So this is what I did. First a layer of gesso which I dried with my heat tool. Next I made the moon and the sky with Pan Pastels... I hadn't used these in ages and came across them looking for something else... lol After I used a fixative over the top to make sure it stayed put I got some white paint, thinned it down with water and with a brush I made the splatters to represent the stars. I also added some with a white paint pen. These three little cute guys were stamped both on the page and on some marker paper. I coloured them, cut them out (even the little antennas) and adhered them to the ones on the page. The sentiment was typed on my old typewriter and hey presto, that was it. Quick and easy ! 

I used 3 stamps for this : 


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 

7 comments:

  1. Wat leuk zeg !
    Groetjes
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je journal met de gescheurde randen? Fijn al je iets recycled en het ook nog gewoon doet wat het moet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starry starry night - words of wisdom words of fright!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these little beings floating around in outer space - makes me want to join them. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a gorgeous page Corrie, I love how the book page is shining through the moon. I really must reach out my Pan Pastels too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh - I love that texty moon and the blended night sky is magical.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete