Thursday 17 November 2016

Always know in your heart..

Hello everyone,

I watched a video from the very talented Jenn Engle on YouTube and she used a die cut over another piece of paper to add texture to her art journal. I thought this was so cool that I had to try it out too.
If you want to see Jenn's video click HERE 



I diecut the flourishes first in opposite corners and then adhered it to another page. I then added a layer of gesso.
Unlike Jenn I didn't use any paint in this page. I coloured it with Distress Crayons only. I have had these for ages and I don't really use them. I scribbled them on and then smudged them with my fingers.  I sealed the page by rolling gel medium on to the gelli plate and 'printing' it onto my page. I then did some random stamping. 
I chose my main image, stamped her, coloured her lightly and cut her out. I adhered her on some washi tape so she isn't floating. The sentiment was stamped, cut into strips and adhered also. Lastly I doodled around the page and the words and that was it ! 
All the supplies I used are by Ranger/Tim Holtz. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 



7 comments:

  1. Fabulous background and gorgeous page, love that image xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background, love this page
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing background and I love the colours you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sealing the crayons with your gelli plate is genuis! The smearing I get when I try to seal them is pretty annoying. Haha. This looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great technique, I have used a die cut as a stencil but not layered a whole card, it certainly works beautifully here Corrie! Lovely page, Hugs Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! How cool to use a gelli plate! Thanks for the referral to Jenn's video. I enjoyed watching it. Love the outcome here and nothing has been lost by not using paint! Thanks so much for sharing, Corrie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - what great results you've achieved with this technique. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete