Saturday 5 November 2016

Making memories

Hello everyone, 



Today I have an art journal to share for UmWow Studio. It is a little Vintage. I love bright colours but I also adore Vintage. So when I found a pile of old family photographs in a junk market I was very happy. I have used one of these photos in my Journal page today. 

First I will show you which of the fabulous Chip Boards I used: 


It is called Fancy Background and here is what I did with it: 





First I cut the middle bit out so I had two halves... 






A layer of gesso and then they are ready for the sand paste. 





This is what that looks like, now to turn it into rust.... 



I used two colours of acrylic paints for this. I learned this technique in a workshop by Andy Skinner a few years ago. I think he has developed a new technique to make rust in the meantime.


This is what it looks like when finished... Isn't that cool ! 

And here is what I did with the finished piece.. 



I used crackle paste, acrylic paint and antiquing cremes to create the background. I also used some embossing powder and all the stamps I used are by VivaLasVegaStamps! 



A close up of the flourish...


and another one....

I hope you enjoyed my post today and that I have been able to entice you to use some of those fantastic chip boards ! 

Until next time, 




6 comments:

  1. wat een prachtig stuk! En wat heb je dat mooi gedaan met dat roestige stuk.
    Echt...een lust voor het oog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An absolutely stunning page, Corrie - definitely one of my favourites of yours ever. I just love the colours and the textures in the background as well as those amazing rusted flourishes.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaw echt prachtig ! Zo mooi hoe je die chipboard bewerkt hebt zeg !
    Groetjes
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - amazing corrie - love this x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a beautiful page, vintage suits you!
    Love
    Amanda X

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really fabulous make, love. It xx

    ReplyDelete