Tuesday 21 July 2020

Create happy memories

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all well.
For today's AALL & Create project I have made a little tag album. I used just inks, stamps and stencils. Oh, and a tiny bit of white paint for the inside of the album.


And here is how I made it:


First I took a piece of Mixed media paper from one of my A4 pads. I didn't measure it because I didn't think that was important. I folded the paper up about a third, again I didn't measure it. This flap is to become pockets for tags. 
To decorate my album I used two stencils and three colours of Distress Oxide Inks (Broken China, Mustard Seed and Picked Raspberry). I used the stencils to print. This is a very effective but easy technique where you rub the ink pad over the stencil and spritz with water, you then put the inked side onto the paper and blot with kitchen paper. 


After it was all dry I added some stamping. I didn't realise that the bottom right 4 would be upside down as soon as I folded the flap up. Oh well... lol 


This is the inside of the album and I added some more ink this time by putting the ink on my craft sheet, spritzing with water and dunking the paper in it. I repeated this until I was happy, drying the layers in between. I then added a bit of stencilling with white paint. I only decorated the top because the bottom will fold up over. 


I then used the same colours of ink to dye a piece of ribbon. 
Next I folded the 'pocket strip' up and folded the whole thing into four the other way. You can see my upside down 4 here. I then took it to my sewing machine and stitched over the fold lines to create pockets. I stitched the ribbons inside of the pockets left and right. 
That was my album done ! 


This is how it looks on the outside folded out. I did add some doodling as well. 
Now to work on the tags that will go inside the pockets. 


I decided to used the same stencil and the same colours of ink. I mixed the blue with the yellow for the second tag to get a greenish colour. I used the same technique by rubbing the ink pad over the stencil, spritzing with water and printing. 


When dry I stamped the background and did some doodling along the edges. 


Next, I stamped the focal images for the tags and coloured them with Copic Markers:



SO cute ! 


The finished tags. 


Here is what the book looks like closed (front).


and the back.. 


The inside with the tags in the pockets.. 


The girls peeking out.. 

I have used the following stamps and stencils:


Stencils:
#90 - Elegance by Olga Heldwein
#105 - Lotza Trianglz by Autour de Mwa

Stamps:
#350 - Splattered numbers - Tracy Evans
#366 - Roundly - Autour de Mwa
#376 - Recerse Triangles - Autour de Mwa
#354 - Bunny & Bunnies - Janet Klein
#358 - Paw Prints - Janet Klein
#379 - Party with me - Janet Klein
#380 - Rapunzel - Janet Klein

For more information about all the fabulous AALL & Create products please visit:


Thank you so much for stopping by today !

7 comments:

  1. Another fabulous make Corrie!! You have inspired me xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've got the girls peeking out, that's usually an afterthought for me, i love your tag book xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, adorable tagbook with a burst of colour! Thank you for sharing your tutorial: this will be my next project...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great fun to follow this project! I love to work on tags more than most other substrates. This had to be fun for you..even the oops! lol Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great fun to follow this project! I love to work on tags more than most other substrates. This had to be fun for you..even the oops! lol Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are outstanding, Corrie - love the colours and love the concept. You are such an ongoing inspiration, my friend!

    ReplyDelete