Tuesday 7 July 2020

An art journal page

Hello everyone,

Welcome to my blog where today I am sharing an art journal page that I have made for AALL & Create. Here it is:


And here is how:

I used a brayer and three colours of acrylic paint to colour my paper. I then used the Totally Dotty stencil to add the white circles. I used acrylic paint, but you could also use gesso. 


I then printed this stencil with Distress Oxide Inks. 


I toned it down with more white paint and my brayer and added some stamping. I used Distress Oxide inks in similar colours to the background. 


Next, more stamping with black for the contrast. 


I used the bottom of the typewriter stamp to add some more stamping in grey. I stamped it over the black circles and then dragged the ink pad over the edges. 


I wanted some more texture so I added some modelling paste through this stencil. 


I had a piece of paper that I used to mop up the left over paint from the background and stamped one of these lovely flowers on it. I planned to add some more colour with Big Brush Markers. They work really well over acrylic paint. 
After colouring I cut the flower out and added it to my page on which I also stamped the flower to get all the small details. I added the sentiment which is part of the Typewriter stamp I used before. 


Lastly I also used a black fine liner and a ruler to add the black line around the page. 



I have used the following stamps and stencils:

Stencils:
#2 - by Olga Heldwein
#67 - Broken circles by Autour de Mwa
#87 - Totally Dotty by Autour de Mwa

Stamps:
#349 - Bold Alphas Mini by Bipasha Bk
#366 - Roundly by Autour de Mwa
#325 - Time Up by Bipasha Bk 
#324 - Blooming Beauty by Bipasha Bk 

For more information about all the AALL & Create products please visit:


Thank you for stopping by today ! 



1 comment:

  1. Love the card, love the sentiment, and especially love the fading of one colour to another in the background!

    ReplyDelete