Thursday 16 July 2020

This week at Vera Lane Studio

Hello everyone,

Happy Thursday !
For today's Vera Lane Studio post I have made 2 postcards. Postcards are great ! Small area so not too intimidating. Here they are :


The first one is made with the new collage sheet called "Mermaid Collage". I made a background for her with Distress Oxide Inks in similar colours to her. I put the ink on my craft sheet and dunked the paper in it, drying after each 'dunking'. I then stamped the background a little with Janet's "Colour Theory" set and added the little mermaid, a postage stamp and a sentiment sticker. 

You'll find her and her sisters HERE


This one was made with a mop up page to which I added some stencilling with Janet's stencil 'Sunrise' and white paint. I also added some white splatters. I printed the girl and the chair, putting them together on the computer first and coloured her and cut her out. I actually used three sets for this card: 'Fragile' (the girl), '50s Chair from 'Mid Century Modern'  and 'Strong woman' for the sentiment. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful postcards, Corrie. I'm especially loving that first one. Tell me, did you design the card around the postage stamp, or did you magically find a postage stamp to match the card. Either way, it's stellar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments ! I enjoy reading them all.. I didn't design the card around the postage stamp, when I thought it needed something else I remembered a box full of green coloured postage stamps from around the world that I bought a long time ago. That's exactly where I found it..

      Delete