Tuesday 14 September 2021

Be bold, be brave, be you.

 Hello everyone, 

For today's AALL & Create GDT post I have made an art journal spread. It is still my favourite thing to do! There are so many possibilities and there is no such thing as mistakes. You just do what you like. 


and here's how


I wanted to use one of Janet's new sets and chose this one. I coloured her skin, eyes and hair only because I wanted to dress her so you wouldn't see her undies. 


Here she is in her new dress ! 


I coloured the pages of my art journal with Distress Oxide inks and a blending tool. I used Mustard seed, Broken China and Twisted Citron. Once dry I used a brayer and white acrylic paint to tone it down. The ink comes through the paint and simply makes the colours lighter. I then added some stencilling with white paint and repeated the same stencilling over the top with Broken China ink. I made sure to put the stencil in a slightly different place. 


Next, I stamped the background randomly and added some black Distress Oxide ink along the edges, again using a blending tool. For stamping I used Distress Oxide inks and Versafine Clair inks. I usually just choose the ink pad by the colour I want, rather than by the kind of ink. 


I decided to add more stamping.


Next I added some pieces of washi tape. 


The I stamped the sentiments.


And here it is all put together. 



I used the following AALL & Create materials:

Stencil:
#132 - Flagstone Figures by Autour de Mwa

Stamps:
#489 - Wisecracks by Autour de Mwa
#533 - Bring on the sentiments by Tracy Evans
#520 - Wash & Dry by Janet Klein
#494 - X or O by Janet Klein
#543 - Reckoner Digits by Tracy Evans

Washi tape:
#3 - Ponder by Autour de Mwa

for more information about all the AALL & Create products and a list of worldwide stockists, please visit:


Thank you for stopping by today ! 




1 comment:

  1. What a terrific spread, Corrie. Like you, I love the freedom of creating in a journal, and this is purely delightful!

    ReplyDelete