Tuesday 15 December 2020

Daylight dreams - an accordion book

 Hello everyone, 

For today's AALL & Create project I have made an accordion book. I have seen Tracy and Abs make them and thought I would have a go. That was all I knew, I hadn't thought about what stamps etc I was going to use. So I just sat down and grabbed one thing at the time out of my AALL & Create stash and just started. It turned out very colourful ! 


This is the inside.


The front..


.. and the back.

Here's how:


I started by diecutting this to add to my book.


I cut it in half and adhered one half to each of the covers for my book. I will get back to these later. First I decided to work on the book instead. 


I cut a piece of paper and folded it in 3 and added a single piece at the right to make it 4 rectangles. I attached the last piece with a piece of washi tape. 
I used this stencil and Distress Oxide inks to print on the paper. I used Salty Ocean, Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin and Picked Raspberry. 


Next I used this stamp set and the same Distress Oxide inks to add some more interest. I saw Abs doing this and thought I'd give it a go. Looks pretty ! 


Of course it needs black stamping too. I used parts of this fab stamp by Tracy. 


Next I added pieces of washi tape along some of the edges. Later I also added some black acrylic paint, mainly to the areas with the black stamping. 


Next I grabbed this stamp set (love the lotus flowers) and stamped some flowers and cut them out. I am going to collage these onto my book. 


Here you can see the black paint and the flowers I adhered. 


Next the focal image; this crab. I coloured him and cut him out. I did the same with the sentiment, again staying in the same-ish colours. 


Isn't he fabulous ! I coloured him with watercolour markers. 


Here you see the inside of the finished booklet. 


I used blues, yellows and greens for the crab. 

Next were the covers:


I decided to used acrylic paints on the covers, mainly because I adhered the die-cuts with gel medium and inks don't really take to that. I did used the same sort of colours. Next I used my brayer and white paint to get the texture to stand out more and to tone the colours down slightly. 


Next I used the same stencil again with white paint and a blending tool.


Stamping with the same stamp sets I used for the books and the same inks too. But because I was stamping on paint I clear embossed the stamping; it won't dry if you don't, or very, very, very slowly. 
I used some washi tape, again the same as on the inside and added black paint. 


Also here, I used some of the same lotus flowers. This is the book from the back with the covers glued on. 
You can just see the washi tape I used to put the pages together. 


The inside (front) of the book. 



I have used the following AALL & Create materials:

Die:
#22 - Checkered Figures by Bipasha Bk
Stencil:
 #118 - Saturday Morning by Janet Klein
Washi tape :
#1 - Eclipses by Autour de Mwa
#10 - Fragments by Tracy Evans
Stamps:
#400 - Numerator by Tracy Evans
#441 - Lotus Clusters by Bipasha Bk
#443 - Scripted Circles by Bipasha Bk
#386 - Ocean Wonders by Bipasha Bk

For more information about all the fantastic AALL & Create products please visit:


Thank you for stopping by ! 



2 comments:

  1. WOWy.. een feestje om naar te kijken, en wat zijn de stencils mooi dik zo te zien ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous , loving all the textures ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete