Tuesday 22 December 2020

the Queen

 Hello everyone,

Welcome to my blog where today I am sharing a journal page which I made for AALL & Create. 


How cute is she?? 

Here's how I made it:


I started off making a gelli print. I brayered yellow and lime acrylic paints on my plate and took a print, I then added two shades of turquoise and put this stencil on. With a piece of scrappaper I took off some of the paint. I then removed the stencil and printed over my yellow and lime print. 


Next, again with the brayer I rolled some white paint around the edges to tone it all down a little and almost give a cloud like finish. I also added white splatters. 


I used this stamp and white embossing powder to get some more interest. 


With grey and black ink I added some more stamping. I used Versafine Clair, of course it won't dry very easy on painted backgrounds so I heatembossed the stamping with clear embossing powder. 


I added some washi tape... 


Next I stamped this little girl in her bikini, so cute ! I did think to do something with her though; first I thought of a woolly hat but then I saw the crown, so that was that. 


And here she is in full glory ! I added some cross stitching with thin metal wire after poking holes with a needle. I added some shading under her feet and some clippings stickers, first on her crown and then on the page. It's a bit of fun but sometimes the choosing of the sentiments etc. takes me almost as long as making the whole page. 



I have used the following AALL & Create materials:

Stencil #116 - Tre Fiori by Janet Klein
Washi tape: #2 - Inspire by Autour de Mwa
Stamps:
#399 - Framework Elements by Tracy Evans
#398 - Celestial Navigation by Olga Heldwein
#284 - Hat Drama by Janet Klein
#423 - Seaside by Janet Klein

For more information about all the AALL & Create products, please visit:


Thank you for stopping by ! 







1 comment:

  1. LOVE this page, Corrie, particularly the way you've used the stamp to emboss on the background. What a great effect!

    ReplyDelete