Tuesday 1 December 2020

Bird

 Hello everyone, 

Welcome to my blogpost for AALL & Create and this week I have made an artjournal page. 


Here's how:



I cut a piece of MM paper and added some texture paste in two places through this stencil. 


I then added some washi tape on either side and painted the whole thing with clear gesso to get the same surface all over the panel.


I used pigment powders to add colour. I used to dislike this method of colouring paper because it is unpredictable but I am starting to enjoy it now. 


Next I added some stamping using grey and black inks. 


I then stamped this bird and the words from this stamp set. 


I then decided to add a little more stamping. I used a Distress Oxide into make it almost melt into the background. 


Next I coloured the bird, using the same grey pigment powder and a brush and coloured pencils for his feet, beak and branch. 


I then placed him on my page and added the word Bird. I decided against using both words. I think it turned out really nice. 



I have used the following AALL & Create products:

Stencil:
 #115 - Spiral Checked by Bipasha Bk

Stamps:
#434- Newsprint numbers by Olga Heldwein
#393 - Birdsong by Tracy Evans
#398 - Celestial navigation by Olga Heldwein

Washi tape:
#8 - Fledgling by Tracy Evans

For more information about all the AALL & Create products and a list of worldwide stockists, please visit: 


Thank you for stopping by today ! 



1 comment:

  1. I always love your texture, Corrie, and the quiet colour in this particular piece really makes it stand out - beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete