Tuesday 19 May 2020

Relax, we are all crazy...

Hello everyone,

welcome to my blog where today I am sharing a postcard I made for AALL & Create. I used some new release stamps and some old too.
I wanted to create a nice colourful project which I think I did, but I am not sure whether I like it much. Might be a little busy ! lol



And here is how:


Fist I cut a postcard size piece of paper out of a sheet of watercolour paper. I then decided to use good old Distress Inks. I smooshed them onto my craft sheet and dunked the paper in it and dried. I repeated this until I was happy. I used three colours: Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean and Mustard Seed. 
I then put the Sundew stencil on top and added white acrylic paint over it. I applied two layers. 


Next I randomly stamped the card with these two stamp sets...


... and added some numbers from this stamp. 


Stamped and coloured the birds and cut them out when I was finished. 


I added some black acrylic paint along the edges of the card where the black stamping is to frame it. Next I put two types of washi tape towards the bottom of the card for the birds to sit on. 
I then added the birds. I didn't think they stood out well enough so I used a paintbrush with some white acrylic paint to go around the birds to make them a bit more visible on the busy background. 
When I was happy I added the sentiment which is a Tim Holtz Snarky sticker. I intentionally used the black version of the sticker because it balances the card out. 



I used the following stamps:

#292 - Scripts by Bipasha Bk
#304 Heartfelt by Tracy Evans
#280 - Enumerated by Olga Heldwein
#346 - For the birds by Janet Klein

I also used a stencil:
#94 - Sundew by Olga Heldwein

For more information about all the fabulous AALL & Create products and a list of worldwide stockists, please visit:


Thank you for stopping by today ! 






3 comments:

  1. love your colors and the chicken is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous postcard. Love the contrasts and texture goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific postcard, Corrie...and I just LOVE how the bottom chicken looks like a laughing mouth at a quick glance. It most certainly reinforces the sentiment. :D

    ReplyDelete