Tuesday 12 May 2020

A daring adventure

Hello everyone,

For this week's AALL & Create Guest Designer project I have made an art journal page with some fabulous new release goodies !


And here is how I made it.. 


First, I painted a piece of paper that I tore out of my art journal. I sometimes like this rough edge. I then used a brayer and Dina Wakley paints to get some colour on the paper. I used yellow, green a couple of shades of blue and a tiny bit of orange at the bottom of the page. Next I took this fabulous stencil and used it in the traditional way by dabbing white paint over it, making sure the centres of the circles were whiter than the rest.


Next I stamped the background using Archival inks and Distress Oxide inks in matching colours. 


I still was not happy and decided to add some white embossing, using this fab stamp by Olga. I wanted a busy background..


I then stamped the balloon on some tissue paper, sorry forgot to take a photo, and glued it onto my page with gel medium. After it dried I used Faber Castell Big Brush markers to get some colour on the balloon. I also added the sentiment separately and because it wasn't busy enough, lol, I also added a few strips of washi tape here and there.  


When I was happy with it, I matted it on black card which makes it pop ! 

I used the following AALL & Create materials:

Stamps:

#292 - Scripts by Bipasha Bk
#293 - Squared Digits by Bipasha Bk
#280 - Enumerated  by Olga Heldwein
#319 - Magnify it by Bipasha Bk 

Stencil: 
#94 - Sundew by Olga Heldwein

For more information about all the fab AALL & Create products, please visit: 


Thank you for stopping by today !

1 comment:

  1. This page just makes me want to fly (although I guess we're going to have a wait a while for that kind of adventure) - it's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete