Thursday 26 December 2019

Embrace imperfection

Hello everyone,

Welcome to my blog!

I hope you have had a fab Christmas Day with lots of pressies and lovely food !

Today I am sharing another project I made for AALL & Create and this time I decorated a paint brush.


This was fun to make and here is how I did it:


First I die cut this fab numbered strip with one of Bipasha Bk's fabulous dies. 


I cut the die cut in half and removed the pieces I didn't want. I then glued half to the front and half to the back of the brush. Before I started this project I brushed the hairs of the brush with gel medium to make them a little stiffer so it is easier to work with. 


Next I painted the brush with acrylic paints, using my favourite colours again ! 


After painting I used some antiquing cream from DecoArt to darken the numbers in the die cut. When this had dried I put a layer of mat varnish over the top because this stuff keeps reacting with water if you don't. Next I heat embossed the stem of the brush and added some modelling paste through this cool stencil, choosing the word 'create' on the front and.... 


...a random shape on the back. 


I then added some stamping.


Next I stamped the elements I wanted to use to decorate the brush. I also stamped a tiny piece of pencil with the word butterfly. I painted the pencil before I stamped it, using the same paint as on the brush. 


I inked the edges of the brush with Archival Jet Black ink and added my elements and threaded some ribbon through the hole in the top. I think it turned out super cute! 


Here's a pic of the back. 


























Some close ups... 

For this project I used :

Die #12 - Code - by Bipasha Bk
Stencil #2 - Olga Heldwein
Stamp set #45 - Tracy Evans
Stamp set #46 - Tracy Evans
Stamp set #125 - For the record - Aida Domisiewicz

For more information about all the fabulous AALL & Create products please visit:

www.aallandcreate.com/boutique

Thank you very much for stopping by today !


3 comments:

  1. Love this, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is a wonderful piece of art, love the vibrant colours.
    Thank you for sharing your inspiring projects with detailed explanations and video tutorials all year long. I'm so glad I found your blog!
    I wish you all the best for 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  3. prachtig Corrie.. heb het opgeslaan voor inspiratie!

    ReplyDelete