Thursday 5 December 2019

Edison's latest wonder

Hello everyone,

welcome to my blogpost for AALL & Create for which today I have made an art journal page. I have used all Bipasha Bk stamps and some old favourite materials to make the background and to colour the images.



and here's how:


First I stamped the bits and pieces of the stamp sets that I wanted to use to collage. I didn't use everything in the end. 


I wanted to use the pylon from this set so I stamped it on tissue paper so I could cut out exactly the part I wanted and glue it where I wanted without it being visible. 


I chose the lightbulb moment stamp to use as a base for my page and stamped it on a square piece of card stock.


I added the pylon on the left and added some of the wires at the top with a black pen. I then sealed everything with clear gesso.  I used Dylusions ink sprays to colour my background. I did use a brush to put it on though. After it dried I used a brayer and white acrylic paint to roll over some of the colour and tone it down. I did some more of that later. I also used a white pen and added some detail and some splatters. 


Next I coloured the collage pieces; these were also painted with clear gesso so I could use my Big Brush Markers by Faber Castell to colour them. 


Here is the finished piece. I added more white details and splatters, glued my collage pieces in place and replaced the protractor with a lightbulb. The eye and both lightbulbs big and small have glossy accents on them so they are nice and shiny. I still wasn't happy though and decided at the last minute to add some modelling paste through a stencil. I had to brayer over some white paint though as Dylusions keep coming through everything and I ended up with yellow and blue modelling paste. 



I have used the following stamps:
#227 - Masculine Miscellaneous by Bipasha Bk
#228 - Phonebox and Phonelines by Bipasha Bk
#23 by Bipasha Bk

Stencil:
#27 by Karen Haselden

For more information about the AALL & Create products and a worldwide list of stockists please visit:


Thank you for stopping by today ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment