Tuesday 15 June 2021

Stay playful

 Hello everyone, 

It's Tuesday, so that means a new project for AALL & Create. This week I have made a mini book. 


The front of the book.


Pages 1 & 2 


Pages 3 & 4 


Back of the book.

Here's how I made it:


I cut two pieces of paper; one was folded into an accordion and the other was just folded in half. The one in half is going to be the cover of the book. Later I will glue the accordion into the cover. You can get a similar effect book by making a Zine booklet. This is made out of one sheet of A4 paper and has a few more pages. 


I used my small gelli plate to colour the cover. It fits nicely on the A5 AALL & Create stamping block. I put the yellow base on first, then rolled green paint on the plate and laid the stencil on top. After taking the excess paint of with a piece of scrap paper I took off the stencil and printed over the base colour. 


The inside pages were made in the same way but with a different stencil. 


Next I added leaves from this set with black ink and coloured them in with Big Brush Markers. They are permanent when dry. 


Next I added stamping using Versafine Clair inks in colours similar to the backgrounds. 


Next : Washi tape.. just here and there and white splatters.
I used one of Abs' new washi tapes to add a title to the front of the book. 


This lady with the cake on her head gave me the idea for this book. I decided to pair both of them with sentiment from Abs' Wisecrack set. 


All finished, just having to glue it all together. I did add some black lines here and there with a black pen.



The front...


Pages 1 & 2 


Pages 3 & 4 


The back.

I used the following materials:

A5 Stamping block

Stencils:
#63 - Woodpile by Autour de Mwa
#67 - Broken Circles by Autour de Mwa

Stamps:
#338 - Background noise by Janet Klein
#406 - Housewives by Janet Klein
#452 - Astrantia by Tracy Evans
#489 - Wisecracks by Autour de Mwa

Washi tape:
#18 - Poets by Janet Klein
#20 - Verde que te quiero verde by Janet Klein
#34 - Be a rebel (light) by Autour de Mwa

For more information about all the AALL & Create products please visit:


Thank you for stopping by today ! 




4 comments:

  1. Wonderful piece of art. Love the colours, the backgrounds, the stamps and the sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the love put into this gorgeous mini book ! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. superbe création, un régal pour les yeux ! biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, Corrie...this mini book is delightful fun, and the colours just make me happy! And the binder clip is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete