Tuesday 22 June 2021

A head swap and another experiment !

 Hello everyone, 

For today's AALL & Create projects I made an art journal page. I had wanted to try something new (to me) on the gelli plate and I wanted to swap a head on one of Janet's little peeps, so that is what I did today. 


and here's how I made this page:



I made this background on the gelli plate. I didn't take any photos because I got carried away... What I did was put the stencil on the gelli plate, then I applied watercolours. Not the really transparant proper watercolours but the ones that are made for crafters and are very opaque. I used Prima Confections I think they are called. I used light blue, and green, pink and yellow for the flowers. I put in on with a brush. I then put it aside to let it dry. 
Next I took off the stencil, used a brayer to put a thin layer of white paint over the watercolours and then pulled a print. I think it looks great ! I will try this again sometime.


Next I added random stamping using the same sort of colours and grey and black. 


 Next I added black lines using a fine liner. This nicely frames the print. 


I stamped my main images. I swapped the girl's head because I wanted her to look up to the bird. 


Here they are all coloured up. Later I changed the head and tail feathers of the bird into green. I just coloured over them. I used Copic Markers this time. 


Before gluing it all down I also added some splatters, black and white today. I then added the girl and the bird. I then spend ages trying to find a sentiment. In the end I settled for one of Abs' Wisecracks. 



Here you see it all finished. 



I used the following materials:

A5 stamping block

Stencil: 
#127 - Bloomed Roses by Bipasha Bk

Stamps:
#479 - Confident by Janet Klein
#412 - Head Starts by Janet Klein
#464 - Strange birds by Janet Klein
#338 - Background Noise by Janet Klein
#489 - Wisecracks by Autour de Mwa

For more information about all the fabulous AALL & Create products, please visit:


Thank you for stopping by today ! 

1 comment:

  1. What a brilliant page, Corrie...and I'm all over that sentiment. You gave me a great laugh this morning! :D

    ReplyDelete