Tuesday 23 March 2021

Original - an art journal spread

 Hello everyone, 

It is Tuesday so it must be time for another post for AALL & Create. I have made an art journal spread for today and it turned out a little grungy, just like I wanted it to... 


and here is how:


I started with stamping the main images because I wanted to keep those areas just for the flowers, so I could colour them with watercolours. I didn't want any texture paste and inks on those spots. This way I could work around them. 


I did the same for page 2


Next: Texture paste with stencil #39 Lotza Dotz, still one of my favourite stencils. 


Next I added some washi tape from the new release.


I then added Distress Oxide inks; I used the refills but that was not a good idea as it was way too concentrated. I kept spraying water on it to try and dilute it/make it lighter. In the end it was alright and I proceeded drying it. After that I used a beige and white acrylic paint to brayer over, to make it look nice and grungy. 


I then added stamping using the same Oxide inks I used for the background and some black VersaFine Clair ink. 


After that I coloured in the flowers, using reinkers again but now the regular Distress Inks of which I put one drop in a pallet. I used Faded Jeans and Chipped Saphire and a little Peeled Paint for the stem. 


Lastly I put on two word chips to form the sentiment. I added some blue ink to them to and went around them with a black pen. 


Here is a closeup of page 1. 


..and page 2. 

I have used the following AALL & Create products:

Stencil #39 - Lotza Dotz by Autour de Mwa
Stamp #452 - Astrantia by Tracy Evans
Stamp #350 - Splattered numbers by Tracy Evans
Stamps #366 - Roundly by AUtour de Mwa
Washi tape #13 - Fasteners by Bipasha Bk

For more information about all the fabulous AALL & Create products including a list of worldwide stockists, please visit:

www.aallandcreate.com/boutique

Thank you for stopping by today ! 







5 comments:

  1. Oooo yummy. I'll say it again, I love your backgrounds! Also like the grunge and then the hint of blue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages caught my eye right away, Corrie. Stunning! I love your color choices. Think I need to put that washi tape on my list, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful,I am so inspired, I must try this technique, thank you Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Corrie- I love the punch of the blue against that oh-s0-neutral background. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete