Thursday 27 August 2020

This week at Vera Lane Studio

Hello everyone,

Happy Thursday !

For my DT post for Vera Lane Studio today, I have made two postcards, both with older images.


This lovely angel is from the 'Fireflies'. I printed her and coloured her and cut her out. The background was made with 'normal' Distress Inks. I used Picked Raspberry and Salty Ocean, putting it onto my craft sheet, spritzing it with water and dunking my card into it. I did this several times, drying in between. I added some white heat embossing and some black stamping (Janet's stamp set 'Background Noise' via AALL & Create) before adding the modelling paste through a stencil (Janet's stencil 'Sunrise', also via AALL & Create. 
Lastly I added my angel and a sticker by Tim Holtz. 


This is Tinker, isn't she sweet in a weird kind of way ! lol 
After I printed, coloured and cut out the image I made a vintage background for her.
I started with modelling paste through Janet's stencil 'Sunrise'. I then covered everything in clear gesso. Next I used Distress Oxide Sprays (Speckled egg, Frayed Burlap and Vintage photo) to add colour. I added some stamping with Janet's set 'Background Noise' and then adhered Tinker and the sentiment from the same set. 

These images are older and probably not in the shop anymore but will be available on request. Just let Janet know via the FB page and she'll put them in the shop. 

Thank you for stopping by today ! 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE both these postcards, Corrie. The first is pure delight with that lovely colour, and the second one has me in stitches. Sweetly weird indeed...I just love her quirkiness, and the subdued colour in the background really brings her to the fore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two wonderful postcards, Corrie! Love the first for its "freshness" both in color and spirit. The second, however, is my favorite for its vintage color palette and inspiration! Well done...mwah!

    ReplyDelete